Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got lucky

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I had 1 ac. of fall food plot to plant yet. I rototilled and disked it up on 8-24 and not a drop of rain since. before that it was too wet to work up.
I looked yesterday and seen a 70% chance of rain today. So I got out there and re-disked the plot and seeded it then ran a light drag across. It was murder as it was 90 degrees plus. Plenty of rest stops in the shade.
There's light rain this morning and looks like a little more to come. I hope it's enough. Nothing in the forecast for another 7 days.

I planted some Whitetail fall oats and some Evolved Harvest Mean Beans and Winter PZ.

A little late maybe but Mother Nature played against me. Next year I'll be a little more prepared as I have all my equipment now.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It looks like I'm really in a need of this food plot and new tower this year. The pipeline informed me it'll be another 3 months before they get to this area to finish. The pipe is all buried. But there's a 6 ft. mound of top soil they pushed out of the way full length of the pipeline.
Not going to be much East-West movement until they get that mound leveled out. The new pipeline is 100 yds. East of my pinch point hunting woods.
Then on the other hand it may put more deer through my area because of the construction. We'll see.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My luck may have run out on my newly planted food plot. Everytime I look there are turkeys scatching and feeding on the plot and nothings up yet as we only got a sprinkle last week. Looks like some good rain this weekend.
There was 17 hens feeding yesterday. I scared them away then 3 big Toms came out. I was 100 yds. away installing the windows in my new tower and that didn't bother them. Only when I shouted.