Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO Live Hunt and Recap Thread: 2013 Edition

teej89

NE PA
I wanna say depends on the wind but I just bout the scent smoker and I may just put her to the test. There's a shallow creek bed that runs from a corner of an ag field to a thicket where they'll lay down for the day. I would need a north wind to pull this setup off but I may give her a go anyways. I have my stand up in a large pine that split into three trunks so i'm extremely concealed. I have two shooting lanes one at 15yds and the next right around 20yds, it's so thick I couldn't get any further away from the trail lol

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
i havent decided yet, ive got too spots in mind. one is on a bedding area next too a river and a big corn field,(ive never hunted it and keep threating too i hung a stand in there last week) another is a little ridge top that has a big acorn flat on it. it always produces good deer, the problem is the land owner is puttin in some culvert for a bridge and has been running a dozer in there all week. as for my first evening hunt i will be sitting in the stand where ive been getting the big buck pictures. sometimes i think ive got too much land to keep track of makes decisions hard sometimes but i guess its a good problem too have.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'll be sitting off of a creek at the bottom of a large hill. The overgrowth is huge this year and I found a few beds in there squirrel hunting. Later, I'll move to my property 10 miles west and sit there for the evening.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I can only hunt the morning for a couple hours. My wifes birthday, we go to hocking hills every year. considering its gonna be in the 80s in the afternoon, I doubt I'd be hunting anyway.

I will be sitting in a stand I hung last year that is in a finger of woods that sticks out into a beanfield. Not a great morning stand, but it does give me a good vantage point to the treeline where I have Mr. T on camera. It's gonna be more of an observational hunt than anything else.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Right here:
wu.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Haven't decided yet, it will be based on the wind and in between a bedding area and a food source that's for sure. I'll prolly not be able to hunt this weekend due to family and work obligations but Ifn I get some real cool mornings I might hunt a few easy short access stands just to get out. Depends how tired I am after work but the following Friday my ass is in a tree somewhere! Lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I like that spot Mike!

I was going to do something crazy for opening morning but have since decided I'll just chill in my Paradise blind for the morning. My only need is to be in the woods and to see some deer; this spot is perfect for that! I didn't plant the food plot this year banking on a decent acorn crop. Unfortunately the acorns are few and far between. Last nights scouting trip revealed nearby beans are drying up fast, so deer should be hitting the woods soon. The standing corn close by is also starting to see some increased action. I have no intention on shooting something unless its 150" or an old nemesis doe of mine...

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Good luck fellas! A buddy and I are going to sit in the weeds on the edge of a finger of woods that connects to a corn field. We hope to take a doe and video it.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I like that spot Mike!

I was going to do something crazy for opening morning but have since decided I'll just chill in my Paradise blind for the morning. My only need is to be in the woods and to see some deer; this spot is perfect for that! I didn't plant the food plot this year banking on a decent acorn crop. Unfortunately the acorns are few and far between. Last nights scouting trip revealed nearby beans are drying up fast, so deer should be hitting the woods soon. The standing corn close by is also starting to see some increased action. I have no intention on shooting something unless its 150" or an old nemesis doe of mine...

Oh BS! A big 140 incher walks by you we know you are stickin him. Lol.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Good luck guys! I'll be sitting just inside a tree line right off of a standing corn field and my buddy will be 100 yards away sitting in the natural blind I made. Lots of doe coming in front of the natural blind and he's never harvested a deer before, hoping he can get one! I'm going to bust out the fawn bleat and hopefully bring a fat doe in. Only thing is, theres a cougar running around here somewhere. The DOW and local police were searching for it while I was at work, apparently they had a chopper and plane in the air looking for it. If it comes in range the last thing it will see is my FMJ. Here's the link

http://www.indeonline.com/news/x574274609/Large-animal-sighting-reported-in-Bethlehem-Twp

Last edited:

Strizzi

Just got off work and heading out in a hour. There were 15 deer on my lawn and 2 were at least 125" as I pulled in. I rent a house on 48 acres and loaded with deer but the landlord won't let me hunt it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380355427.369194.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1380355444.385414.jpg