Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Watched this guy Sunday evening.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Went out to do a little scouting Sunday evening, as the winds were right. Ended up walking up on this buck and a smaller buddy, and snapped this pic with my phone through binos. He's a decent eight, great brows, but kinda weak on g2's and g3's. He fed out into the field and gave me a 30y broadside shot.

The beans are turning, and cooler weather is headed in this weekend! Only 17 more days fellas...

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice buck Greg! I need to practice this bino iPhone photography! I suck at it, you my friend are a pro!
Nice up and comer!

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Nice buck Greg, but did anyone notice what's in the picture too the left almost on the edge of the frame in the middle???? Might just be my phone playing tricks on me but that's what I noticed before the buck..... Freaky.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That has to get you pumped up! Thanks for sharing Greg. I have been shooting the last two nights and want to continue daily. This is what I need more than scouting at this point. Can't see much while road scouting this year due to corn placement.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice buck Greg, but did anyone notice what's in the picture too the left almost on the edge of the frame in the middle???? Might just be my phone playing tricks on me but that's what I noticed before the buck..... Freaky.....

I double and triple checked the pic J and don't see anything out of the ordinary.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nice looking deer, Greg! Given the chance, I'd put an arrow in him this year! That waiting a year business if for someone other than me. :)

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks fellas. He looks pretty good head on, but he's only got 8" g2's and problly 6-7" g3's, so I'm guessing he's probably 125". He'd be a tough one to pass up, at least for me, but that deer has some potential.

J, you're eyes are screwed up. You've been watching TOO many scary movies! Having trouble sleeping at night? LOL

I'm looking forward to spending some time in the woods here in a few weeks. I know it's a little late, but I've got plans this weekend to move a stand or two, and check out the acorn status around the house. The holler behind the house is loaded with oaks, so I'm sure I can find a few that are producing. Across the road is similar as well.

Been shooting a little bit when I can, and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Still need to shoot a couple broadheads though. Also gotta get clothes washed up this weekend and hung out to dry. Figure I'll marinade them up with some smoke next weekend.