Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A few Misc Geese

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Well , since opening weekend ive struggled . The first weds poor rutin drove up to hunt the evening. Although birds had been in there heavy that was the night they disappeared. Figures .
Fri morning Carl and I pulled a before work hunt .The landowner was adamant that just us two hunted. Well , I pulled a rookie mistake and setup facing the sunrise . The birds had been flying early but not today . By the time they flew we were looking straight into the sun and it cost us . We only got 4 .

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I looked hard for a good field for Saturday Am . and struck out . I didn't wanna have any drive to far on a wild goose Chase , and my local compatriots were busy or just didn't wanna go so I hunted solo in a alfalfa field I knew I'd see a few birds from . For once things went better than expected and by 815 I was packing up decoys and my solo limit out of the field

hauling them , and my
solo limit out of the field .

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
After my limit I drove round scouting for a hr and a half with nothing to show . I got up Sunday morning and scouted for awhile and found one decent field, which I promptly got turned down to hunt due to other hunters already having permission . Luckily Kaiser was hunting Sunday nite so i went over and hung out with him and Leo on a sandbar and he let me shoot 4 honkers .

Kaiser878

ohio
ICE CREAM????? WHO THE FUGG GOT ICE CREAM??? haha

it was a good time.....THe one group of birds I did shoot at was a huge cluster fuc&..... but it was still a good time... Leo is deffinately getting up there in age...I can notice a huge difference from 5 years ago till now....but I hate to admit it.... Kinda sad... Although, he still has the desire for the birds....The last bird of the night.... a 50 yard miracle shot by Jake..hahaha gave Leo a little challenge... He had to break out his scuba gear and make a few dives for the bird... after the current/chase took him about 100 yards down river he finally came up from the water with the bird...It was quite comical...