Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Rocky Outlet

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If you can get yourself to the Rocky Outlet in Nelsonville in the next week or so, it is well worth the trip! I got a pair of their SilentHunter insulated fleece pants for $25, original MSRP $79.99. I got a solid deal on their lightweight SilentHunter pants for $50, original MSRP $69.99. Picked up some nice lightweight gloves for $7.50 and a sweet beanie for $13 that has a fleece strap that you can pull up around your face or use it to cover your neck. Thing is badass!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
THANKS for buying! Store has a lot of great deals, and if your hungry not a bad place to get dinner!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I was up there over the weekend. Several good deals on camo, but I've already got too much!

The wife just started the nursing program at Hocking College a few weeks ago. Rocky came down and offered any nursing student interested a free pair of clogs, and all they had to do in return was submit a review of the shoes! Pretty awesome deal, so a shout out to Rocky!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I gotta say I have been disappointed in Rocky and every other boot maker. I have owned just about all of them in the last 6 years and it seems no one can make a boot that stays truly waterproof.

The best have been my Mudsox but they leak a bit after a year (upper/lower slight separation).

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I hear ya there Beener. The biggest thing not manufacturers need to start doing is putting Kevlar in the neoprene sides. I like the flexible sides on the Mudsox, but I've torn mine to hell making them leak.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I have the thick silent hunter pants as well...they are definitely nice and quiet, not sure if they are windproof or weatherproof, but they have plenty of insulation for sure...the only complaint I have with Rocky (as of now) is the realtree pattern is a little weak (lighter coloring for some reason), and why do they put those dam stickers on all their clothes???? some are easy to get off but all of mine have torn and taken some time to get all the way off.

Still liking their clothes though especially when they are on clearance!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I hear ya there Beener. The biggest thing not manufacturers need to start doing is putting Kevlar in the neoprene sides. I like the flexible sides on the Mudsox, but I've torn mine to hell making them leak.

I picked up a new pair of boots last night finally. Been mulling the idea over of getting something with neoprene, but I just can't bring myself to buy a pair because I'm so hard on boots. I go through a pair of rubbers every two years, if I bought neoprene, it would probably be every year!

I picked up a new pair of boots last night finally. Been mulling the idea over of getting something with neoprene, but I just can't bring myself to buy a pair because I'm so hard on boots. I go through a pair of rubbers every two years, if I bought neoprene, it would probably be every year!

I agree, the last pair of Lacrosse boots I bought have the neoprene and I didn't make it through the first year without a few briars ripping holes in them.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I gotta say I have been disappointed in Rocky and every other boot maker. I have owned just about all of them in the last 6 years and it seems no one can make a boot that stays truly waterproof.

The best have been my Mudsox but they leak a bit after a year (upper/lower slight separation).
I hear ya, I think Rocky boots sucks. I switched over to Danner and never looked back.. The first pair I bought was a pair of hand made Santiams and bought them 10+ years ago and they are still going strong. I sent them back to Danner for re-crafting once and they came back like brand new.. I own 4 different pairs of Danners and suggest people should try them if they are tired of buying crappy boots. JMTC

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I love my Mud Sox and unfortunately, they are losing their waterproof. Slowly, but I got a little bit of a wet sock last time I crossed the creek. I have been thinking of giving up on rubber/neoprene boots all together.

themedic

OHIO
I thought their boots went downhill also but I bought a pair of Fire Dept. duty boots there last October and they have been awesome.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nope. Not much love loss between us, so I didn't feel the need to interrupt his day.

I didn't realize that... He and Doc Steve will be down this weekend to hunt. I'm hoping they stop by to say hey. I'd go to their camp, but their breath may put me over the legal limit to drive. :)

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
HA. Yea, I can imagine after riding on the Wayne with them. Some people just don't mesh, Jim and I are good examples of that. I don't dislike him per se, we just mix like oil and water.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I thought their boots went downhill also but I bought a pair of Fire Dept. duty boots there last October and they have been awesome.

I believe we have had issues with soles a few years back. The boots are really good now. I really tell everyone who had issues years ago to give them another try. You can also try Georgia Felxpoints for just a comfortable work boot. I highly recommend that boot.