Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Spring Valley Campgrounds

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Admin edit. Issue resolved.

Wanted to thank everyone for their support in this matter, The owner of Spring Valley called my wife today and apologized for what had happened and gave us a full refund, his explanation was that it was mixed up communications, my wife told them thank you and we would leave it at that.

As everyone knows my family hasn't had the greatest year so far, with me having both my hips replaced within 6 months and then right before I was to return to work my wife fell at work and broke her wrist. Well since things seemed to be getting back to normal me and the wife bought a camper and decided to spend some time camping, being that it was our first trip with the new camper we decided to camp at a local campground so we could be close to home and check the camper out. The wife called last Monday and made reservations for Friday and Saturday with our credit card and things were lined up for a great weekend, we received a call Thursday afternoon that knocked us for a complete loop, my mother in law had been admitted to Good Samaritan hospital in Zanesville with a massive brain hemmorage that was inoperable and we needed to get there quick as things didn't look good. The call was made by my wife and her siblings to remove her from the ventilator after speaking with the neurosurgeon and his explanation that there was no chance for recovery . The call was made to the campground on Friday more as an after thought just to let them know that we was not going to make it and maybe they could change our dates or something, I understand that they have a cancelation policy and was not expecting them to refund our money or change their policy for us but when the lady that we spoke with made the comment that if she ( my mother in law ) was dieing she just couldn't believe that we was calling and worrying about camping, well that was the straw that broke the camels back! I can truefully say that I really don't give a rats ass what she thinks and that they will never have to worry about me or my family ever coming there to camp. I will also go out of my way from here on out to discourage anyone I know from camping there also! And by the way Spring Valley campground my mother in law passed away today at 12:40 p.m., I will make sure to send you a copy of her obituary when its in the paper so maybe you won't question the next persons integrity when they call you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Shame on you spring valley..proof positive that aome people dont reasd from the same good book!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That campground certainly lost my respect and any potential camping destination referrals! Pathetic how some people are these days!
Sorry Tad that during a terrible ordeal that you had to be put through this! Sorry for your loss.

Huckleberry Finn

There is no reason to not have good customer service in this economy. Any business, big or small, ought to realize that when people choose to spend their limited and hard earned money, that is a decision that should be treated respectfully.

I can't say that I think too highly of a 'family' campground that doesn't respect families, especially in their time of loss and need.

Sorry to hear that you have to deal with all of this, Tad.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I have been by that campground quite a few times as friends ha e a hunting camp by it, I can tell you after hearing how you were treated during the time of grief your wife and you were experiencing I'll not have anything favorable to relay about the "family oriented" campground..... And my friends who have camps around that area will be told as well.....

Can't believe the callousness of the person who took your call.... Thoughts and prayers too you and yours....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
As a camping family, it is good to know which campgrounds are recommended and which ones should be avoided. We have had amazing campground experiences and some terrible ones. If they treated you this way during your time of despair, I cannot imagine their attitude while you are camping there would be much better. I will add them to my list of campgrounds on my computer with an "AVOID" next to their name.

Sorry for your loss and for your bad experience.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah my rant was deleted and I can't post anything anymore....

They banned you. Sad. That too will be noted here for others to see. This thread will up right below their site on google. Guaranteed.

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sorry to hear about this. Really sucks they couldn't change the dates for a different weekend at the least. Shame on them for not being family friendly.

Since you used your CC can you fight the charges made to it with the CC company? Since services was not rendered I thought you could refuse the charge?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I realize this is more about principle than it is money. However, I will be the first to throw some money your way Tad. If they won't reimburse you then I will.

In regards to CC, this is a tough one. I have had someone purchase from me off ebay in the past then cancel their CC payment. They bought a used string trimmer for parts. Then they complained to their CC company it didn't run. Well duh? They refused to return it. I was not reimbursed for shipping it either. With the camp ground, I don't know how this would play out. It has been some time ago since my incident and things might be different now.

I suggest we continue to email or flood the FB page of this camp ground until they publicly apologize for their lack of compassion.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This is the email I sent:

A friend of mine Tad had to back out at the last moment this past weekend due to a loved one, his mother in law, suddenly falling terminally ill and he and his wife needed to be with her till the end.
The word is out that the women who handled his call showed little compassion and would not let them reschedule for a later date or refund them. I would certainly think in this economic down turn and of all the negative news we all see on TV a business such as yours would show more compassion and work with a customer instead of the way your employee did.
I hope you change your mind and correct this issue because it would be the right thing to do.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Call the credit card company and let them know you want to do a charge-back. I done it on a spotting scope once and got my money back. It works!

They Blocked Me Too!

Last edited:

Huckleberry Finn

Dear Camp Spring Valley,

I am aware that a close friend of mine was refused a refund or reschedule for camping this weekend after he (Tad) informed your staff that his mother-in-law was in the hospital. She is now deceased.

In today’s economy, where and when people spend their money is a choice. Business that cannot provide decent and reasonable customer service are worthless and should be avoided by any educated consumer. My understanding of this situation is that your entity was more concerned over 1 camping spot than its image and integrity.

I do not know what your profit margins are, but I imagine that 1 camping spot would not break the bank. A poor reputation, however, will not do wonders for your reservations.

Regards,

This was my email.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I just sent them an email. Guess they'll block me again now............Too Bad, So Sad, Shoulda Never Fugged with Tad!

Very Nice Email Huck! You done good young man!