Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bump on dogs head

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
My beagle has a bump on her head I notices a few days ago. I've been kinda asking around and no one knows what it was, so I figured I'd turn to TOO. I got the best pics I could, she wouldn't hold still lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378674670.819147.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378674723.813898.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like what our boxer has. Seems to be getting more and more of them the older he gets. Forget what the vet told me they were but essentially like a mole or cyst if memory serves correct. She checked them out and said not to worry at this point but keep an eye on them. I am far from a vet though so don't take my word on it.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Skin Tag.

That's what I called them when they was on my Boxer. Like Phil said, they are a type of cyst that is usually nothing to worry about. Just need to keep an eye on it. The boxer we had we had to have one removed because it got to be a good size and the vet wanted to remove it...I think he just wanted to rack us money lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We had a white german Shepard when I was a kid and she was out during the day a d in at night, but during the summer she'd get bumps that we attributed too bug bites, the flies loved the top of her head and ears.... Her head got bumps like that....

Huckleberry Finn

Skin Tag.

That's what I called them when they was on my Boxer. Like Phil said, they are a type of cyst that is usually nothing to worry about. Just need to keep an eye on it. The boxer we had we had to have one removed because it got to be a good size and the vet wanted to remove it...I think he just wanted to rack us money lol.

Yea our lab got them on her legs when she was old.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think Hoot said his girlfriend has these all over her body. He tried to PM me a picture. It crashed my computer.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My basset gets them from time to time. They seem to appear quickly but take a while to get the size of a marble. She had two so far. I let the last one on her head get about the size of a marble then cut it. Basically i pinched it real hard below then slit it with a razor. Pinching it from below paudo numbs it. Cant feel the cut because if the pinch. There was a bunch of really thick puss in there. Almost the consistency of wet cornmeal. Did the same to one on her back. After I cut them I kind of jammed neosporin in there and it healed fine.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If its growing on top of the skin like attached to it, then its likely a skin tag or a mole. If its inside or under the skin it's a cyst like I described above.