Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Look who just showed up

Bowlowe

Went tonight and pulled the trailcam, was bummed to find the batteries dead. brought it home and seen it only had three pics two of them was this guy 001.jpg002.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice pull! IMO though, you have two different bucks here. The top right bucks beams curl up and is in velvet and the bottom left buck is hard horn and beam tips lay more down. Both are very nice bucks which makes it even better for you...if I'm right. Goodluck this season!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Looks like the first he still has velvet and the next one is hard horned. I'm pretty sure that's the same buck Ric...

runhunter

I agree with FS, seems to be two different deer. It's funny man, it always seems like the best pictures are on the cards when either there's 10 pics, and you're pissed, or the good pictures are the last 10 on the card, when you've gone through a few hundred already haha. Good luck man!!

00buck

good looking deer i guess this answers my question they are hard horned at least some of them

Bowlowe

headed back out with some apples, corn, and a sweet concoction .......oh yeah and fresh batteries and new sd card. keep ya posted. I believe its the same deer, my wife helped me mess with the pics and his G3's give him away. wierd though because pics are only one day apart, could he have rubbed his velvet that quick?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yes he can. Some cases just a few hours. Even though I noticed the day difference it still looks like a different buck. The hard horn pic though, I can't tell if he's quartering away or towards. It's one of those pics that I have a problem getting the angle...lol

Bowlowe

well it could be 2 different bucks and I'm totally ok with that just doubles the odds lol. just got back from resetting the trailcam and putting out some corn and apples so we'll see what happens.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I agree with FS, seems to be two different deer. It's funny man, it always seems like the best pictures are on the cards when either there's 10 pics, and you're pissed, or the good pictures are the last 10 on the card, when you've gone through a few hundred already haha. Good luck man!!

Or the first several pictures on a card full kick butt and you eagerly anticipate sorting thru the next several hundred or thousand only to find does and coons. lol

I was thinking different deer as well, but I will leave it up to the pros to figure out. JD and FS know their stuff but have conflicting opinions. For your sake I hope they are 2 different deer. Darn nice bucks! Tough to tell with different angles though.

teej89

NE PA
Very nice pull! IMO though, you have two different bucks here. The top right bucks beams curl up and is in velvet and the bottom left buck is hard horn and beam tips lay more down. Both are very nice bucks which makes it even better for you...if I'm right. Goodluck this season!

Exactly my thought, good luck!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Or the first several pictures on a card full kick butt and you eagerly anticipate sorting thru the next several hundred or thousand only to find does and coons. lol

I was thinking different deer as well, but I will leave it up to the pros to figure out. JD and FS know their stuff but have conflicting opinions. For your sake I hope they are 2 different deer. Darn nice bucks! Tough to tell with different angles though.

I've looked at it at least 10 different times now comparing the pics and I'm 99.9% sure its the same buck... FS has been drinking...lol

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Look on his left side. The hard horned buck has a smaller g2 then g3, and the gap between the two is big. In the first pic, the g2 is bigger than the g3 and they're both leaning forward (if that makes sense). After looking, I'm almost certain they're different bucks.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Not many bucks have the main beams hook up exactly the same on both sides. I think its just the different angles...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I'm seeing the difference in the left side G2 like moundhill. I'm thinking different deer. But damn it would be crazy to have two deer like that so similar on cam back to back nights. Best of luck regardless.