Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ATV Mower ?

Well this afternoon I went out to pull a card in the woods behind my house

25 acer woods
3 sides corn
1 side beans

So till the corn or beans are off
No easy acess

And even then , not real easy to get the tractor and brushhog down the lanes

So I was thinking of looking for a new or probely used chopper that I could pull with the ATV
Not looking to do a ton of choping
But clearing the big weeds and small brush off the lanes / paths in the differant woods and to chop a path or 2 acrost a couple CPR fields would be nice

Any sujestions ?

John

epe

Lancaster
Dad and both had the swisher pull behind mowers. If you went slow, tied up the discharge chute, you could cut grass, weeds almost chest High...We picked them both used under $400 used.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Swisher is about the only one I have seen with these although I am certain there could be more. I believe they have both finish cut and field mowing versions. If you are looking at them used I make sure you get the one you need. Never used one before.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
We own an Agri-fab 42" rough cut trail mower. The blades are hingedly attached like the blades of a brush hog so you can almost run it over anything without have to worry about breaking a drive shaft. For this reason, it's a great trail mower.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Could be with you soon. We may consider selling our Swisher 48" soon due to seldom use.

Let me know if John isn't interested. I would like to have one for the farm since dad has trouble finding time to hog and I could use it on places he can't go. Plus it would help me with perennial plots...

Buckmaster

Portage
I talked with my Camp partner (my Dad) about the Swisher.
He's at camp now and will bring it back on Weds.
It's been garaged its whole life, seldom used (once a year or every other year), and needs a good garden hose cleaning.
100% functional. Sometimes a little tough to start because its a Briggs engine, I think. 44" cut with 10.5 hp motor, I think. It's the trail/woods series and is supposed to cut up to one inch diameter.
We've never cut anything that heavy except deep grass and food plots.
Need to clean out the camp garage to make room for corn storage so we'll let this go for $ 500.00. I think we paid around $ 1,500.00 new.
Pickup zip 44231 after 9/11/13.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think this is a fair price from Buckmaster. Used I have seen them $250-400 but needed major work. Working condition generally $600-800. There is a bump for Buckmaster for offering it at a fair TOO discount.