Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Affiliate_Deal_ Big Dog BDL3000 ladder stand

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I installed a Big Dog BDL3000 Stadium ladder stand today.
It's 17.5' high to the seat. Had dual ladder rails which makes it very steady.
It's the curved wrap around style. 2 person and rated at 500 lbs.

I must say this ladder is the heavy built and all the bolt holes lineup perfectly for assembly.
It is rock solid when up.

The instructions says it takes 3 people to install and I must agree with that.

However being by myself I sat down and figured it out to install it safely by myself.
I rigged up a 3 pulley block and tackle. I have a foldup ladder.

1. Install a strap about 3 ft. above stand final height using the foldup ladder.
2. Hookup the block and tackle to the strap and stand.
3. Very easily pull the stand up.
4. Climb up the foldup ladder and install the 2 tie down ratchets to secure the stand.
5. Install the 2 stable wraps.
6. Install the middle brace rod to the ladder.
7. Climb up ladder and set down and enjoy a rock solid, well built 2 person ladder stand.

I would recommend this Big God stand to anyone and Phil can be proud to sell such a well made model. I've had probably 10 different ladder stands in the last 25 yrs. and nothing even comes close to this one.

I forgot to mention before installing I bolted a plastic chair bottom to the left side of the seat. With these wrap around plastic seats I can do a all day set with a bad back. This gives me plenty of room on the right side for my equipment.
I got a ladder stand full height blind from Phil for the stand and will install tomorrow. The stand is 20 yds. off my main N-S trail going through my woods. Hidden and dry.

Last edited: