Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Video or Photos

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I prefer videos. My cam has recently decided it doesn't like to "trip" with video though. So I am stuck with photos.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Still pics for me, I don't have the patients to go through the videos. It's like watching paint dry to me. The few times that I have done it, there was only a one or two times that it showed me something that the still it takes before the video did not.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I only use video on scrapes or in areas where I need to know how the deer are moving through. Other than that, my cam take stills 95% of the time...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Today I went to my cams to specifically switch them from video to stills and put in fresh batteries. I had only 26 total videos over the last week and 8 of them were coons and one was of some people walking in the creek with a big ass dog running along the creek bank with them. Only had one antlered buck(spike) and a few fawns and does.
I will not plan on swapping cards till I go in to hunt and passing near them....IF I CAN'T STAND IT!lol

buckstar25

T-county
Just curious which people prefer and why. I've always taken photos with my trail cams. I'm thinking the cards fill up quick with videos.

We usually have one camera running video 95% of the time. Bushnell Trophy Cam HD. It has a 16 or 32 GB card in it all the time so it never fills up. We take the full 1 minute video, our reasoning is just because its fun to watch, the audio really makes it worth doing. Middle of October we move the camera to field edges and active scrapes, and we always try an set it up so we have a large field of view, big field, logging road, food plot.

The other 7 cams are set up for stills, most set on 3 picture burst.