Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Inversion Tables

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Prefer an over the door traction machine for size reasons. Either way, anytime ya can unload the spine, your body thanks ya !

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
My mother has one of them she wants to get rid of. I could check into it tomorrow if you want. Get you some info on it. I know it was my uncles (mom's brother) and he needed some cash and so she bought it from him. She never used it and has been sitting in the garage for the last 2 years. Pretty sure she would let it go pretty cheap as well.

Not sure it is what your wanting or asking about but it is one of those you lock your ankles in and you can hang upside down.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If you're prone too headaches or migraines I'd stay away from them.... That came from a orthopedic surgeon I talked too.....

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I don't know about those, but I do know I have a Sleep Number bed on the way and I can't fuggin wait.

Shoulder Blade

I don't know about those, but I do know I have a Sleep Number bed on the way and I can't fuggin wait.

We have a sleep number bed and I love it.

With my old bed I would wake up in the middle of the night locked in a fetal position trying to get some back relief.

This bed has resurected my body.

I used to be very athletic and my back started breaking down around 27-28. I stopped working out and that was very depressing that I could not rack weight like I used to.

A few years on this bed and I am pretty good.

I don't work out anymore but atleast I can function to 85-90% of my ability.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We have a sleep number bed and I love it.

With my old bed I would wake up in the middle of the night locked in a fetal position trying to get some back relief.

This bed has resurected my body.

I used to be very athletic and my back started breaking down around 27-28. I stopped working out and that was very depressing that I could not rack weight like I used to.

A few years on this bed and I am pretty good.

I don't work out anymore but atleast I can function to 85-90% of my ability.

Same here. My body is shot. At 31, there's no way I should be in this bad of shape!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Ive got a nice Teeter and I can honestly say that it helps a TON!!! By mid season my lower back is so compressed from treestands that my ciatic nerve is shot. Start hanging on the teeter to decomprise my spine for a few days and back to normal. AWESOME piece of equipment IMO.

Jamie

Ohio
I have a Teeter also, and it does help my back, neck and shoulders. would probably help me more if I actually used it everyday instead of just a few times a week. I always feel a little invigorated when I step off of it.

I have a Sleep Number bed, too. I would encourage anyone with back pain to seriously consider it, even before an inversion table. proper support for you body while at rest, and actually getting quality sleep will improve just about anyone's quality of life. I swear by our Sleep Number bed. considering we spend nearly 1/3 of our lives in our beds, it makes no sense to be anything other than as comfortable as possible. is totally worth the money, imo.

Wise to start dealing with it now, Jesse. trust me, being 15 years your senior, it only gets worse if you work hard and play harder. at 30 I was in great shape, at 35 the writing was on the wall, at 40 I was forced to read it. I'll be 46 in a few days, and I've come to terms with it, mostly. is a bitter pill to swallow when you finally have accept that you aren't 25 any more, and no longer have any choice but to slow down a little or suffer a lot.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great thread. My back has its good days and bad days. I have to be careful with what I do and really focus on lifting with my legs and not twisting or torquing it. I have considered an inversion table a number of times but yet to pull the trigger.

I doubt I spend 1/3 of my life sleeping. I KNOW I don't spend but may've half my sleeping time in a bed. This doesn't exactly help ny back either.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've been fighting a severe lower back and hip pain for 6 yrs. now. It was so bad that for the last 12 months I couldn't lay in bed for over 3-5 hrs. and had to get up and set in a chair.
Things had to change as it was going to effect my upcoming deer season.
I looked at memory foam type mattress and they ran from 800-7000 in price.
My son found the same type of foam mattress on Ebay for 499.00 delivered and gave it to me for Father day.
1st night on it I slept 10 hrs. non stop without waking up. It's been the same result for over 60 days now.
I found out this weekend from a furniture dealer that almost all the memory foam mattresses sold in USA are made in the same factory in China and are put in to the various different brand name outer covers and marked up.
Wholesale price on the inner core is 200.00.

I'm a walking advertisement for memory foam mattresses for back pain while you sleep.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great thread. My back has its good days and bad days. I have to be careful with what I do and really focus on lifting with my legs and not twisting or torquing it. I have considered an inversion table a number of times but yet to pull the trigger.

I doubt I spend 1/3 of my life sleeping. I KNOW I don't spend but may've half my sleeping time in a bed. This doesn't exactly help ny back either.

Phil contact me as this furniture guy is almost local for you. I'm going to try and have him order some Memory Foam type mattresses for family. I believe I talked to you at the show about my mattress.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I occasionally have lower back problems, but for the most part my issues are between my shoulder blades and in my lower neck. Dont think a table is going to help that. But I hear they do wonders with lower, to middle back issues.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We bought a Sealy Posturepedic with pillow top with money from our wedding and really like it. I will own a Sleep Number one of these days!

My family has a history of back problems and I tore my neck up in a football injury when I was 16. I'm 30 pounds over weight and will find out in a month if I have the same genetic disease and my mom/sister. It causes joint aches and pains in nearly every major joint do to extra flexible tendons that allow for too much "slop" in our movements. That fits me to a T. At 31, my body is in worse shape than that of my 59 year old father who has been a work horse his whole life. I joke about my issues, but I also have some real concern.

I plan to trim down to a more manageable weight and straight getting some massages. I think I'll get the inversion table.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great thread! I'll be checking in every so often. Lower back pain sucks for me! I've also have curvature of the spine which doesn't help....