Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Loading up

offtground

Planning to move one hang on stand Monday and hang a new stand. Been using climber for sometime. But have a spot that I'm tired of packing into, getting old.
Been hunting this area for a long time and just found this spot late last year.
How many have stands up already? Or working like a dog and no free time!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Planning to move one hang on stand Monday and hang a new stand. Been using climber for sometime. But have a spot that I'm tired of packing into, getting old.
Been hunting this area for a long time and just found this spot late last year.
How many have stands up already? Or working like a dog and no free time!

None for me right kow but did get a new stand in today and thanks to hank tucker outdoors i have some very nice climbin sticks.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Got one more to hang sunday for a total of five.

I'll just end up using a climber by the end of the season like I always do. Haven't killed a deer from a permanent stand yet. Maybe I should add that to my list of season goals.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm done thankfully. I have a blind and stand prepped on my 11 acre honey hole. Our 80 acre farm has 6 stands hung and 4 prepped for the Millennium. I have a blind to put out also. I have one set of sticks ready for the Millennium and 2 other spots for the mobile set up on the 260 acre farm close to home. Took two 8 hour days and cost me $100 in labor, but I can relax finally!

rooster85

Lake County
I just have one up, two more spots picked out. I want a total of four hanging so still need one more i suppose. Pulling cameras again next week so we'll see.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I have four stick/receiver sets up from last year, does that count? lol

I've been so busy this summer, I just haven't taken the time to move any. Two are in great spots, but two I would like to move. I'm running out of time!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Love that some guys have all these options, but when does one cross the line if you are the only one trying to hunt all 8 spots?

I have 2 set ups in place, plus a climber & blind ready for action should the need for flexibility present itself. Highly unlikely given there is only so much square footage in 2.5 acres.

One could argue "over hunting" a setup, but I also believe that not enough time in one spot is just as bad.

Welcome to the site!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have 2 hung and shooting lanes trimmed. I also have my blind I am going to use this season and have a few spots picked for it but need to see what prep needs to be done to get the blind in. Have my monster climber I might use a few times this year as well. Other then that I am done.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
5 stands, 3 blinds spread out on 3 properties, And I have a climber for mobility. We started hanging stands early july and we just hung the last one 2 weeks ago. I've been working 60 hours a week afternoons so Sunday is my only guaranteed day off. Got a 3 day weekend though for labor day!

We have 10 up down in Ohio so we should be pretty well set. Haven't been back into 3 of them the last couple of months though so hopefully we can get back down soon to make sure they're cleared and ready. If it goes too long then the next time we get to them we will be hunting!!

ohiobowhunter78

I hunt mainly climbers so my work is done woohooo.If i deside not to use climber i construct a blind out of what ever is around. I have had decent luck on my makeshift blinds lol.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I've got 7 up now and one I'm waiting too hang depending on the acorns. My option you can never have too many options. I have one of those that needs moved of the 7 going too pull cameras Monday and find the spot for the eighth stand I'm hunting five different patches the largest being about 40 acres of timber and the smallest is a thick fence row surrounded by corn this year .

00buck

i have 2 ladders up and 2 hang-on stand up need to trim them a little more and set blind up other than that ready to go also have a climber just in case

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have just one more stand to hang. The steps and bow rope are already in so I might just hang it the first day I hunt it. I agree you can't have too many stands. It's nice to give a stand a break and set ups for different wind directions. A change of scenery is always nice as well.