Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Only a Redneck hunter...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Would puncture a brand new can of Mountain Dew Kick Start on a shed antler and have it explode all over his binos and good hat... lmao

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377879481.251708.jpg

Last edited:

Buckmaster

Portage
I had a similar instance last summer.

I went to the local hardware store to buy something. I ran into an old friend Steve whom I haven't seen if a few years.

We instantly talked deer hunting. We ended up comparing sheds in the parking lot in the middle of summer. We happened to both be carrying big shed racks. Now what's the chances of two hardcore hunters sharing shed stories in a hardware parking lot in the middle of summer?

I have an obsession TOO.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I hit the brakes to miss a deer once and had a colors light roll off the passenger seat shoot up under the dash like a skiball and explode in the floorboard spinning around spewing beer everywhere. So I'm on the brakes trying to miss this deer. While simultaneously leaning over trying to grab this spinning beer of death from the floorboard and throw it out the window.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I hit the brakes to miss a deer once and had a colors light roll off the passenger seat shoot up under the dash like a skiball and explode in the floorboard spinning around spewing beer everywhere. So I'm on the brakes trying to miss this deer. While simultaneously leaning over trying to grab this spinning beer of death from the floorboard and throw it out the window.

hahahahaa

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Then, you is a redneck, Jesse. Lol.

Iam TOO surprised, Mike!

Not to get off track, but I have to share this with some you guys. I was going bowhunting on the opener 2 years ago. The weather was hot and muggy. I had to walk through a standing cornfield for 300 yards to my stand. My dumb ass, hung my brand new Truefire release on my bow, while fighting my way through all of this corn. I get almost to my stand, then notice my release is gone! FUGG! So I back track my steps through the corn looking for my release. By now, I am pissed and dripping with sweat on my hands and knees. When low and behold, I see a nice big matched set of horns about 6 rows away. I start bear crawling ( like the Tasmanian Devil) only to find out that they were my OWN set of rattling horns, that I didn't know I lost! Ugh. You talk about a kick in the junk! I laught at myself for being an idiot and gathered my chit and went home.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio

Iam TOO surprised, Mike!

Not to get off track, but I have to share this with some you guys. I was going bowhunting on the opener 2 years ago. The weather was hot and muggy. I had to walk through a standing cornfield for 300 yards to my stand. My dumb ass, hung my brand new Truefire release on my bow, while fighting my way through all of this corn. I get almost to my stand, then notice my release is gone! FUGG! So I back track my steps through the corn looking for my release. By now, I am pissed and dripping with sweat on my hands and knees. When low and behold, I see a nice big matched set of horns about 6 rows away. I start bear crawling ( like the Tasmanian Devil) only to find out that they were my OWN set of rattling horns, that I didn't know I lost! Ugh. You talk about a kick in the junk! I laught at myself for being an idiot and gathered my chit and went home.

Thats funny stuff right there

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio

Iam TOO surprised, Mike!

I just spit my pop out of my mouth!!! rotflmao

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio

Iam TOO surprised, Mike!

Ha ha that's great!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Jesse, that's classic redneckness right there buddy!

Ron, I remember you telling me this story down in your man cave and how hard we laughed reliving it!lmao

Your initial thought of thinking you found a matched set of sheds then discovering the rope(your own rope) that had them tied together after you picked one of them up with the other one dangling is......priceless! Rotflmao

Last edited:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
buncha rednecks :smiley_chinrub: lmao

Laffin my ass off at Ron - the realization, the disappointment, the anger....
I bet God has that on video and watches it over and over and over.....:smiley_crocodile: