Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Silencers are legal in TX to Hunt!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Was over hanging out with the Company Man here on the Rig that is from Texas. We typically talk about deer hunting, guns and such. Last night we were BS'n and he told me that now in Texas it is legal to hunt using silencers! WOW, not sure what to think about that one other then "Leave it to TX" to be the first.

So what does everyone else think?? :smiley_confused_vra :smiley_chinrub:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Suppressors only make sense. They are not an assassins tool. They help with accuracy, muzzle rise, kick and reduce chance of hearing issues.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I was just kind of surprised to hear it, not saying I am against it just the first I ever heard of this for hunting. Guess I have been watching to many
OO7 movies. :smiley_coolpeace:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
There are several states where they are legal. Interestingly they are legal in Briton for hunting, where archery isn't.

Movies get suppressors wrong. To really get the benefit you need to use a subsonic round.

They also don't work on revolvers. :smiley_crocodile:

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I gotta look into moving to Texas. :smiley_chinrub: There's just too many benefits.

Bowhunter57

I know a lot of guys from Texas from working here on the Rig. Most of them are great guys but one thing I can say is if you weren't born in Texas you ain't shi*t, lol. They love their state!!!! :smiley_cowboy: :smiley_blablabla: :smiley_armscrossed: