Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stuck Python Cable lock

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Anybody have this issue before. Sounds dumb and simple, but the key is starting to bend and I can't get it to unlock. I may have pulled it too tight against the tree. I've tried wiggling while trying to turn the key, but it won't bulge. I'd like to move the cam and I can't!:smiley_confused_vra

Huckleberry Finn

Been there done that, only with a cheaper version.

Here's the solution:

1118121226.jpg

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Try WD-40. I had that happen on a shed lock once and that is what got the key to turn long enough to unlock it. Then I immediately replaced the lock.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
After working in a salt processing facility for a while, and having tools rust up in a flash, I asked the maintenance guys at the place what to use and they suggested gear and chain oil. 10 times better than wd40

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Been there. I found pulling with one hand as if you are trying to tighten it more as you turn the key might help.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I know this sounds funny but try Pam cooking oil if your not wanting too leave a heavy residue of scent from a oil it does work without the smell, or the bolt cutters always works.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Been there. I found pulling with one hand as if you are trying to tighten it more as you turn the key might help.

Agreed. Mine gets stuck from time to time. Doesn't help you now but I always try to position the lock facing down to cu back on moisture. Especially in the winter. Besides freezing the lock shut it can also damage the tumbler and keys.