Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

'Bout Damn Time!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I feel like a complete failure not having posted a single trail camera picture all summer, but I finally got what I was after at 4:30AM yesterday morning! Captain Jack made his first appearance of 2013 making this the 4th consecutive year I've got pictures of him. It doesn't appear he's grown much more from last season. He's either 4 or 5 this year and is #1 on radar. I have more history with this deer than any deer I've ever hunted. Killing him would be oh so sweet!!!

2011 (I have his left side shed from this year.)

There are some other good things of note to share as well. I have a good population of does and fawns this year which is a huge plus! I also have a decent little 8 running around that will be a solid deer in a couple of years, so its nice to know there are more in waiting!!!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good deal man. Glad to see he made his way home.

Like the doe and fawn pic lol. Gotta love the little ones running around and playin a bit.

That 8pt will look sweet in a couple years.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I should add that I have another cam about 25 yards from this one acting as a plot watcher. I got 5 pics of him total and he did what I've known him to do dozens of times. He exited the sanctuary and crossed the creek to head to the beans north of here. That creek crossing is 30 yards from the stand I have hung over this plot. In all likelihood, he also walked past the new stand I hung on the ridge for him earlier this summer. With 4 years of data points, I'm smack dab in his wheelhouse. Just need the right conditions and some luck!

JPN

coshocton
Nice pics Jesse good luck this year. I've got a similar situation with a buck that's 7 or 8 years old. I've only laid eyes on him 3 times but have tons of pictures