Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Howdy Yall

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well boys I am down here in Dallas Texas! Let me tell you what....................they would think we all are the biggest rednecks ever! Dallas is pretty yuppie, but people are nice. Joined a forum down here, and the good ol boys seem to be really cool too and spread light on topics I dont know much about (hogs).

Hope you all are getting ready for deer season. I think Ill be taking the first week of Nov off. Ill shoot a doe and try to fill a buck tag. If I dont ill be back in Dec, Jan, Feb to get it done over my brassica plots.

Just checking in with you all, and no I haven't picked up a southern accent yet. hahaha

From,

Albert

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Hey albert good to hear from you...your mission is to find some good hog huntin places down that way amd we will make a road trip! Hope your doing good bud.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Hey albert good to hear from you...your mission is to find some good hog huntin places down that way amd we will make a road trip! Hope your doing good bud.

I have been working on that already. This coming week alone I will be in Dallas, Austin, and Houston. I will need to try pry some information from some of my work contacts. I sell boots, so most guys I sell to like to hunt! We will see if I cant get them some company discounts to help some Ohio boys out! hahaha

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Yer right - Dallas is more yuppiefied, a LOT of transplanted midwesterners there.
I lived there in Texas for about 9 months - liked it alot.
Now slip next door to Ft Worth and it's a lot different atmosphere - a little older, a little more industrial, folks are a little more country.
But people are really friendly (that was my experience)

God Bless the Great State of Texas.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Ill tell you all one thing.....

The girls my age down here! MY LORD!!!! Brantley Gilbert wasnt kidding when he sang that song GRITS- Girls Raised In The South-

Blonde, and beautiful and have all their teeth! Tell ya what its a bit different then good ol Nelsonville Ohio! hahah

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good to hear from you.

Hogs..yummm. Now that would be a cool TOO outing lmao.

Blonds with all their teeth lmao. I don't believe they are hot...will need many many many pics to to see this and confirm you have not been brainwashed or not use to the heat and seeing things lmao.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Any word albert on the thieves at your farm?

Nope! I heard they arrested someone, but not sure if it was any link and no phone call yet. However, we have made the place a lot extra secure!

2x6s across windows in barn, Slide wood door that seperates shop from barn has two huge locks on the door now. and the main barn doors are locked with 3/8inch chain. Cameras getting installed soon.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Also added huge steel gates on all access points with large kicker bars going into the woods so you need to cut threw the gate before your getting your truck or 4 wheeler through.

My buddy made them, and they are badass gates man. He hand welded everything.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

The girls my age down here! MY LORD!!!! Brantley Gilbert wasnt kidding when he sang that song GRITS- Girls Raised In The South-

Blonde, and beautiful and have all their teeth! Tell ya what its a bit different then good ol Nelsonville Ohio! hahah

Welcome to the south buddy. Lol. And don't judge all southern black people by the Katrina refugees you see in Dallas. They're just nawlens trash. The blacks in the south are way better than the ones in Ohio. Outside the city most of em are just good ole rednecks

Milo

Tatonka guide.

How about some pics too:D:thumbup:

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
good to hear things are working out for ya.

Yes, I believe we will need photographic evidence of all these fine looking girls. LOTS of photographic evidence!

Jump over to Stockyards, TX and go to the indoor rodeo. The town owns a herd of longhorns that they parade through the streets on occasion. Austin is a bit weird, very diverse if you catch my drift. But it is also my namesake so still needs a visit. San Antonio's river district is a cool stopping point, doesn't need more than a weekend though.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well the good thing about my job is I actually manager Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. I will be in Austin, Dallas, and Houston this week alone.

No cowboy hat for me, Ill stick with my primos ball cap. However, I have worn cowboy boots for years, hell I work for a boot company!!

One thing that sucks is in Texas its all about money for hunting. You oughta see the prices guys will pay to lease land, you all thought Ohio was bad.....its nothing like it. I did meet a guy who wants to shoot some bows tho so I am excited for that opportunity.

Now to meet some girls..........hahaha

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't want to make this a racial thing, but I will say the black fellas I met in the Army were a lot different. Texas fellow who was there to become a mechanic was our Platoon leader in basic training. Went onto AIT with me as well so I got to know him pretty well. Hard working, good ol' boy who played bass guitar and liked country music. Nothing like any black guy I ever met in Ohio. I think all the people are simply a different walk of life than we are accustomed to seeing.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the south Albert. Good luck in the new job position and enjoy your time there. Never know what path your life may bring you next. It really is one of the great things about being young and single. You have the whole world in front of you to enjoy. It is what you make of it. One day you will probably look back and realize these times are some of your best memories. Enjoy the moment brother.