Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Freezer for meat

teej89

NE PA
Alright didn't know where to put this nor did I know what WTB stood for haha anyways... TCall me optimistic but I'm looking for a freezer for my apt to put my deer meat in for this fall. I found some for a reasonable price $75-100 on craigslist but was gonna check with ya'll here first to see if anyone is looking to get rid of an old freezer. Chest or stand up freezer, doesn't matter to me.

-T.J.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Alright didn't know where to put this nor did I know what WTB stood for haha anyways... TCall me optimistic but I'm looking for a freezer for my apt to put my deer meat in for this fall. I found some for a reasonable price $75-100 on craigslist but was gonna check with ya'll here first to see if anyone is looking to get rid of an old freezer. Chest or stand up freezer, doesn't matter to me.

-T.J.

Craigslist all day brother...i picked one up for 20 bucks on there.

One thing to think about

A new style freezer will save you $$

3 years back , I did the math
Bought a new chest type freezer
Toledo Edision had a program to give you $$ for replacing older freezers and Fridg's

Best I can figure , the new freezer has paid for itself allready

John

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I got a nice stand up freezer off craigslist last year for $100, I prefer to keep our venison in the stand up cause on occasion I like to open the door and look at what my hard work has done to feed my family, I mostly do it when it's full cause I just get sad if I open it and there ain't much left:smiley_crocodile:

Huckleberry Finn

One thing to think about

A new style freezer will save you $$

3 years back , I did the math
Bought a new chest type freezer
Toledo Edision had a program to give you $$ for replacing older freezers and Fridg's

Best I can figure , the new freezer has paid for itself allready

John

Very good advice...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've had two chest freezers for deer and regret both purchases. The first was a 5 cu. ft. I bought for our apartment and it served the purpose. I have a 7 cu. ft. now that I bought of my parents for $100 and its a complete clusterfuck. I will never own another and cannot wait to get an upright. It is so much easier to find what you are looking for in an upright!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I have had both a chest and upright. While I like the upright better for arranging. The shelves in mine are the coils and are not moveable. I can't get deer heads in it. So if you are looking at an upright make sure you can move the shelves in it.