Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New blind spot from lottery

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Still trying to figure this spot out.... There's still A LOT of boating traffic on the lake so I don't know how good early season will be on the lake but here's where my spot is and how its laid out. My blind will sit behind the point shown in the picture on a sandbar. With any western wind I should be able to draw them in. There's a nice water channel right behind my blind, if you follow the land south it wraps around to a nice cover which should help draw birds as well.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
TOO bad you can't be on the point in the second photos. Seems decoys would be a lot more visible there.

Agreed ..move that sucker

More visible, yes... More realistic looking, ahhhhh I don't know. I like the cove myself. Although, I'd almost lean toward putting the blind along that bank to the north. It'd be more concealable in those low-hanging tree limbs and the sun wouldn't shine right in your face every morning.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I do like the south point cove on the back side NE corner which I have access to as well. As for my personal blind spot it will be closer to the South edge of the cove for this exact reason THE SUN. The sun shines on the north side of the cove and the southern edge stays fairly shaded throughout the day. They limit you to a distance from a preset stake in the ground to keep you "safe" from other blinds but I may push that limit a little. I'll post better pics of the cover when I get the blind built so you can see the final product.

epe

Lancaster
Don't they draw deer creek down a lot in the winter? I know at alum we had to move our blinds with the draw down.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Don't they draw deer creek down a lot in the winter? I know at alum we had to move our blinds with the draw down.

Yea! Oct 1st they start drawing it down BIG TIME and its the lowest lake in OH at that point. Corp of engineers controls that but I'm hoping late season there's still water by the dam. Maybe have to pull layouts down into the mud but should be good still.