Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scouting hard pays off.....

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Been doing a lot of scouting this year for waterfowl..... more so than deer but using the same tactics. Searching for good spots and what time of day the birds are using them. With only a little over a week left before season starts I have a "shooter" located LOL! lmao Anyway I've got this bird partially patterned but he's a wise old fart and knows the safe zones and where he cant be hunted but I got a feeling he's going to be in trouble opening week of season! Fingers crossed if he keeps doing what he's doing and he should be in dead. Located another Neck band as well but that bird is VERY tough to keep tabs on, he's local so its just a matter of time as well!

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good deal, Zach. Hopefully the flock keeps to the same pattern. It's always a crap shoot scouting those early season birds more than a week from the opener. I have confidence that you'll whack that sucker, though.

Hope you get it

I have a few

But I have always wanted to shoot 1 goose that has a neck band
But it never leaves the metro park

And I bet the ticket for shooting it in the park is a bunch of $$

John

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Hope you get it

I have a few

But I have always wanted to shoot 1 goose that has a neck band
But it never leaves the metro park

And I bet the ticket for shooting it in the park is a bunch of $$

John

LOL! Just ask Foiles I bet he could answer that question!

epe

Lancaster
Good luck.. We have no early season fields, will probably hunt dove.. If you need any extra decoys, let me know.. Think I have around 5-6 dozen geese...

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I feel ya man . When i lived in sw Ohio early season was not very good . Pm me your number and if I get room ya can come hunt with us . No promises tho , just depends .