Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What a beautiful sight

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
It's that time of the year, the anticipation, where to hang'em, etc. I gotta a lot of work to do. image.jpg

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Good luck hanging to you all too, I wanted to get them hung Sunday in the rain but I just wasn't ready, still needed to change bolts and cables, check the seats to make sure they weren't squeaky when raised up and down, and still needed to wash some new ratchet straps to get the new stink smell off them. FYI- TSC has 8 packs of 1200 lb, 10 ft ratchets for $20, best deal going. They are blue but I haven't ever noticed the deer caring what color they are. I buy a pack every year.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looks like you'll be busy pretty soon. Just be careful, especially in the rain or if its wet. I try to put mine up just before a good rain or when it's at least in the forecast just because I feel its safer. Unfortunately I put a couple up this year while I was sweating my ass off and the rain just didn't come till the next day or was spotty. Oh well, it was a month or so ago and I'm just staying clear till season anyway....

Good luck this season BB!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I also try to hang stands in the rain this time of year because I'll be wet either way! I sweat like a whore in church, so I might as well be wet AND cool when it rains!!!

teej89

NE PA
I've been putting my LW on my shoulders at my place and walking around with it, still inside my place haha withdrawal....