Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nothing to do

epe

Lancaster
As of last year I was done to two main hunting spots. Have hunted both spots for over 25 years. Well the one spot sold over summer, and the guys wife has not decided if she will allow hunting. They bought it to ride horses on. Two weeks ago we got a call from the other landowner saying they decided to start logging ( was supposed to over the winter) and we needed to come pull our stands.. First time in a long time I am not looking forward to deer season.....

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Hate to hear that, i have never understood why people think bowhunting is not compatible with horse riding, like we hunters can't tell the difference, the deer definitely don't care, I hunted som public ground in ky one time and there were always horse riders and we still saw plenty of deer. Hope you find some new spots, still time, throw on your best pair of jeans and a nice shirt (no camo), and start knocking on doors.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hate to read this, Epe. Having places with sentimental value is more important to me than actually killing a deer. I know your pain.

Ricer2231

Hate to hear that man. I was in the same boat a little over a month ago. All ya can do is what was already said, get out and knock on a bunch of doors and keep your ears open to any land that might be available. I have a little piece that I have always been allowed to hunt but was never worth hanging a stand in until this year when they cut the timber on the adjoining property.

epe

Lancaster
Hate to read this, Epe. Having places with sentimental value is more important to me than actually killing a deer. I know your pain.

That and hunting with my dad is the main thing... He is in his 70's now and both were easy access for him. I could find places around here for me, but don't have time to look around down there with my work schedule and two hour drive