Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Blind drawings

Derek j

Knox Co.
Anyone at Alum Creek for the blind drawings? Just got here....hoping I can draw one! I may head over to Delaware Lake and try for one there right after this draw. Good luck to anyone applying today!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Anyone at Alum Creek for the blind drawings? Just got here....hoping I can draw one! I may head over to Delaware Lake and try for one there right after this draw. Good luck to anyone applying today!

I believe All state drawings happen at the same time so you cant do that.

Derek j

Knox Co.
Yeah, thanks to the dispatch I'm here an hour early too! Paper said alum creek was at 7:30-8, and Delaware was from 8:30-9. Stupid Dispatch!!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Yeah, thanks to the dispatch I'm here an hour early too! Paper said alum creek was at 7:30-8, and Delaware was from 8:30-9. Stupid Dispatch!!

Another reason we cant trust the liberal media...

Derek j

Knox Co.
As usual my luck sucks and didn't get pulled for a blind. At least I can get out with my boat and hunt still. This year you can't even hunt near a blind that isn't occupied.....if you get caught you get cited. Guess I will be plotting out spots that don't have a blind near it!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
At least we looked good...

Damn straight.

This year you can't even hunt near a blind that isn't occupied.....if you get caught you get cited. Guess I will be plotting out spots that don't have a blind near it!!

What did they say about this? I'm just wondering how they can cite you & what is considered "near" a blind.

Besides the sun in your eyes, the day use blind areas are better anyway.

Derek j

Knox Co.
Day use blinds are the same as last year. Lottery blinds are only to be hunted by the blind "owner". In order for anyone else to hunt the blind, they must have a signed permission slip from the lottery winner for that blind. If you are found hunting from a blind without a signed permission slip, you are automatically cited. Not sure what the citation would be for......but the park officer was very clear on stating the above.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Day use blinds are the same as last year. Lottery blinds are only to be hunted by the blind "owner". In order for anyone else to hunt the blind, they must have a signed permission slip from the lottery winner for that blind. If you are found hunting from a blind without a signed permission slip, you are automatically cited. Not sure what the citation would be for......but the park officer was very clear on stating the above.

How about from a kayak?

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio

Gotcha. Thanks Derek. I was thinking that they would cite you if you were hunting "near" a blind, like "near" meaning within a specified distance.

I've set up from a boat or canoe within 75 to 100 yards of established blind markers when they were not being hunted, like on a weekday morning for example. Technically I was on space marked as public hunting ground, and as long as nobody else was hunting in their blind, I wasn't interfering with anybody. Just wanted to make sure I could still hunt that way.

I personally wouldn't hunt from somebody else's blind but I know that stuff goes on. We've found empty hulls, pop cans, and food wrappers in our blinds before knowing that somebody else had been in there. On other Lake's I've also been told that there's nothing the Law can do about somebody hunting from a blind because it's public property. Just like if you hang a tree stand on public land somebody else can climb up it & hunt. It's your stand, but it's located on public property. The blind drawing only give the person who was awarded the spot permission to put up a temporary structure on public property. It does not give them sole rights to that area for hunting.

Long story short.. it's always a gray area and it sounds like it can vary from lake to lake so it's good to ask questions.

Derek j

Knox Co.
How about from a kayak?

The way I interpreted it was that it only applied to someone actually sitting in the blind location. I would imagine that boats should be ok as long as they are in the water while hunting. I know there were quite a few blind locations last year that did not have permanent blinds. Irregardless, I am hunting my favorite spot if someone isn't in a nearby blind.