Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lighted Knocks

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Say what you want, but man I think they are just cool!

I'm going to use them for whitetails this year. I'd use'm for elk, but they are illegal in Idaho.

Anyone else use them?

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I used them one year. It was okay, but not great enough to use them again. :smiley_coolpeace:

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I use nocturnals. I got some of the new launchpads from carbon express but they don't fit my arrows. Ill bring them to the swap meet at strouds if anybody is interested.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Wonder why they are illegal? Seems to be of no actual advantage when it comes to killing animals, just recovering them.

Beats the hell outta me. I'm actually surprised they aren't illegal in PA. PA has some of the gayest hunting regulations in the country.

You know now that I think about it, I had better check to see if they are illegal in PA. If you can't hunt squirrels with a semi auto .22 and have to wear an orange hat while walking during archery season then lighted knocks might be illegal here too. I'll get back with ya........

I like having my arrows forward of center balance. If I used a lighted nock I would have to move to a heavier point.

Wonder why they are illegal? Seems to be of no actual advantage when it comes to killing animals, just recovering them.

Because the northwestern US has a bunch of dumb hunting rules. In Washington you cant have a light on your pins, expandable BH are illegal, lighted nocks were illegal until this year, you cant hunt an area that you used a trail cam in for 45 days. They also have a crazy formula for determining your arrow weight by your draw weight and draw length... to be legal in Washington I have to shoot a 460ish total gr arrow out of my compound. That's just a few the stupid rules. The rule book here is as thick as the whole hocking county telephone book.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I like having my arrows forward of center balance. If I used a lighted nock I would have to move to a heavier point.

Most of them dont weigh much more than a regular nock. The carbon express launch pads are 18 grain.

With the nocturnals, i dont see any difference in flight compared to regular nocks. At least out to 30 yards which is my typical practice yardage.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
lighted knocks on a trad thread? shouldnt this be on the leather wall? dont forget your clicker . :smiley_coolpeace:

I figured the mods would catch it and move it. Since it is Ron's daughter and she is a newbie I didn't say anything. Lol

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
I just looked at three green this AM at Walleye World. There were almost $25! I don't need em. I'm cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!