Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

We're so close!

teej89

NE PA
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376623969.254681.jpg

dunno bout y'all but since I just got my property a month and a half ago and have been gone the past three weekends I'm NOT ready. Haven't shot in 3 weeks and haven't even put up stands. Been putting all my time into where to locate mineral sites on the new property and obtaining permission on the surrounding properties. These next couple of weeks are going to blow by. And I don't wanna be TOO(oh no did I just do that? man I've been on this forum too often) invasive and chase whatever is in there out.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yep, it'll be here before you know it! I agree that this nice cooler weather has me getting stoked! I just need to get my daughters out behind the house and start practicing with their papaws crossbow,buy their apprentice hunting licenses,our deer tags and practice more myself.

I've got all but one of my stands up(3 of mine and 2/one tree for us)lanes trimmed and ready and i'm still running 3 cams. I moved one cam to a scrape location getting a jump on that phase. I won't swap that card till just before the season opener.

All my clothes have been cleaned,smoked and toted for storage...:pickle:WHOOHOO

rooster85

Lake County
I don't have stands up but i have two mineral sites that I'm hopeful will pay off. This next month will slow to a crawl just to piss us off.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Walked out of the house this morning and the 60 degree air hit me in the face like a cinder block! Walled back inside, grabbed my bow and shot 25 arrows before I left. What a blessing!

teej89

NE PA
Walked out of the house this morning and the 60 degree air hit me in the face like a cinder block! Walled back inside, grabbed my bow and shot 25 arrows before I left. What a blessing!

I hear ya this cold weather is awesome! I walked outside and my coffee was steaming like crazy. Love it!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I'm far from ready, I still have stands up from last year. I have half assed my cams, and have not shot very much. I guess I'll just wing it from here.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I'm ready to rock. I have to get new broad heads. Other than that I'm just waiting to check cameras. I'm pretty excited about this year compared to the last two. I'm thinking it will all come together this year.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm ready to rock. I have to get new broad heads. Other than that I'm just waiting to check cameras. I'm pretty excited about this year compared to the last two. I'm thinking it will all come together this year.

Stay positive dude. I know how it feels to be in your shoes and the good news is it can get WAY better at the drop of a hat. Keep on keepin' on brother!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I have not done a single thing to get ready for deer season. Every free moment I have had Ive been on the river. I will probably pay for it this fall.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Rode my quad from the farm to the local farm tonight along the back roads. It's a couple mile trip and I had a t-shirt on. Felt good to be cold!

00buck

well i am ready as ready as i will be gonna pick up some more broad heads and thats about it