Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tire Discounters

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I took a golf cart tire to Tire Discounters today as I picked up a 1/4" rod last night. Said it'll take 10-15 minutes.
So I left and went to KOI auto parts for some anti-sieze for my muzzleloader breach plug. Cost 4.03. I left and got in my car and seen a "No Firearm sign" on the door and I was pissed and in a hurry. I got back to the Tire Store and I called KOI and told them I just bought something there and didn't have time to get a refund. Why? I seen the "No Firearm sign". I told them I would never spend another dollar there. And would tell everyone I know.

Went in to pick up my tire and there is "No Charge". I took in a tractor front tire in 2 weeks to have a different tire put on that I had and again "No Charge".
I told the Manager come on "No Charge" twice in 2 weeks. How about a 5.00 tip and you buy a pizza. Can't do it.
How about if I drop 5.00 on the floor and leave. I'll have to bring it back to you before you leave.

Now that's good service. I'm a walking advertisement to Tire Discounter.

I'm also a walking advertisement to any gun owner I know not to shop at KOI because of their Anti-gun policy. I explained it to the wife and she thinks I'm crazy. Hell I already knew that.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
x2 on the Tire Discounter thing. Spent a LOT of money there over the years, and have gotten a few freebies as well.
I like their company culture.

And if you ask 'em nice they sometimes got wheel weights too!

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
I hate them. They fugged up the brakes on my Colorado and then said, "go fish". They had no clue how to fix the sensor that they broke. They wouldn't give me money to take it to a dealership to get it fixed right. They also said they wouldn't compensate me if I brought in an invoice from some other place that fixed it the right way. I'll never do business with them again!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I hate them. They fugged up the brakes on my Colorado and then said, "go fish". They had no clue how to fix the sensor that they broke. They wouldn't give me money to take it to a dealership to get it fixed right. They also said they wouldn't compensate me if I brought in an invoice from some other place that fixed it the right way. I'll never do business with them again!

Thanks to GM you can't do rotors on a Colorado without jacking the ABS sensors. At the dealership they're included in the tech manual as having to be replaced with rotors. The rotor is sandwiched between the steering knuckle and the hub. You have to pull the hubs and the sensor is on the back of the hub which will 99% of the time get jacked up. Stupidest design I have ever seen.. Just one more GM engineers ass i plan to whip when we meet in heaven. Ive done rotors twice on my colly. I managed to save the once. The 2nd time i didn't care. A picture of Jessica in front of the check engine light is all the fix i needed.