Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Wrist strap release

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Anyone have a buckle wrist release that I can use for the season? I want to get away from my pro diamond for a while and see if my shooting improves

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Remove the variable. I found my grip was off. I changed that and had good groups at 20 & 30. I'm mostly trying to build my confidence up in my shooting again. I have been a mess for the last year or so.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Have you played with the tension on your release to gain a bit more surprise? I did that with my Pro Diamond when I found myself squeezing TOO fast. Also, you can adjust the plunger to hit a different spot on your thumb, that may help with a more surprised release.

I have one I can send you. It's my spare, but you are welcome to it. I have more releases than it to act as spare. Pretty sure it is a Tru-Fire. I can send it with an old Fletcher if you want to try it also...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Sure I'd appreciate it. I did lower the thumb part down a bit so I could actually get my thumb over it. M not sure about the tension though. I have not messed with that.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Do you have the regular Pro Diamond or the Extreme?

Go here for the instructions on sensitivity: http://www.truball.com/instructions.html

Try adjusting the sensitivity so that the release is really light and shoot it like that a few times. Adjust the thumb so that it rest on the knuckle right at the wrinkle. Try shooting the release by using you pinky to apply the pressure so that you are effectively pushing the thumb trigger against your thumb which remains stationary. This will make it shoot more like a back tension.

Give that a whirl and if you still don't like it, text me you address and I'll ship you some stuff...

teej89

NE PA
I had a wrist strap release I bought form walmart bout ten years ago and when I bought my new bow this year I figured I'd go all in and bought a release too. I bought the scott silverhorn and man it was worth it, I love that thing.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I have really been working on my grip, and making sure I have been chicking my level on my sight, my anchor, etc. and it really has been improving my shooting. I must have jsut got into this awful habit of drawing, and shooting without any regard for form because I can really tell in mty grouping.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I just focused on form. It had to be something I was doing wrong. I figured, before I start messing with stuff or buying stuff, try and fix me first.