Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunter Safety Systems

Huckleberry Finn

I have been using a Hunter Safety System (HSS) harness for 2 years now. I like it.

I noticed last fall that one of the buckles (seat belt style on this model's leg strap) would snap, but it took some jiggling to make it work.

I called HSS and asked them what to do. They failed to send me a UPS mailing slip the first time, but the second time they paid postage to the factory.

It's been a month and I am itching to get it back to get some stands up.

I called today since my harness had been at their doorstep since July 8. Apparently they had a flood...

Girl was very kind and they are mailing me a new harness, no questions asked, that should be here in 2 days. I believe they are sending me an upgraded model as well.

I'd vote that for good customer service. A little hassle in the beginning...if it was during season or something, I would have been calling them daily. But since I forgot about it myself, I can be understanding of their delay given a flood.

I'll let ya'll know how the harness is when it gets here.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad to hear they are taking care of you, Huck. I bet you were getting a little irritated.... I know I would have been. lol

Huckleberry Finn

Dang, forgot to update this.

HSS had the harness to my door within 3 days of me calling.

The harness comes with a lineman's strap, which is a nice value since my original one did not (so now having 2 sounds good). They also threw in a package of orange trail-marking clips to help make things right.

Good customer service experience! I should have started taking care of this in March, but got my new one before the season anyways.

Huckleberry Finn

Hate to toot the same horn again, but if you are in the market for a new harness, I would not overlook HSS.

The material has been updated from your basic cloth to Under Armour like material.
Belly buckle plastic still but rubberized.
Leg buckles are no longer 'seat belt style' but are now rubberized with the two releases on the side.
Back strap to the tree is longer and thinner.

Very nice product.

$85 through Amazon, our TOO affiliate. http://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Safety-System-Treestalker-Harnesses/dp/B004SX71WA