Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Terry Thompson auction

Huckleberry Finn

Be sure to flip through the pictures...unbelievable. Apparently he used to own a Harley dealership. TONS of bike stuff, animals, and old cars...

Pretty crazy to think that this dude made his own helicopter and flew an ultralight, but didn't realize he could sell this shit to keep his Siberian tigers and keep living life...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Quite a collector. Interesting. Weird to see the mix of motorcycles. Almost seems as if his wife rode too because there are a bunch of beginner or women bikes. Small displacement singles or twins and smaller dirt bikes. Those didn't fit with some of the other bikes he had.

Edit: Upon checking all the pictures it looks like a combination of things. One- looks like his interests swayed from drag racing, road racing, dirt racing, to model planes, etc. Two- he looks like a collector. Most of the bikes appeared to be pretty complete and significant. Ex: A Penton which appeared to have been raced. I have met John Penton and he is a unique old man who still shows up to Vintage Motorcycle days to reminisce about the good ol' days. Husqvarna dirt bikes very similar to the one Malcolm Smith rode. There was a Montessa trials bike. Then there was an old Yamaha motocross bike vintage Bob "Hurricane" Hannah days. It looked like he idolized some of the off road greats and picked up bikes they were known for. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those bikes were once ridden by some of these legends. Looked like his off road interests left in the late 70's but then he had a late 90's KDX200 and an 02 KTM 520. Must have tried to relive some of his glory days later in life. lol

Just an odd combination of bikes.

The hot rod stuff is impressive. This may be a good auction for Buckmaster to attend. Might find a blower for the Nova or at least some massive heads, intakes or other performance parts. Maybe some nice old school Cragers?

Edit: After looking at the pictures more closely it is quite depressing. Had a couple in nice shape. Most had been sitting in the field rotting. Sad to see but there could be some nice ones gobbled up for future restoration by someone. It would be nice to see some of them restored.

Horses? Tons of them. Seems an odd combination to have that many horses with all the other animals. Did he rescue them as well? Or use them to feed the lions? haha

Last edited:

Huckleberry Finn

They weren't the Sheriffs to sell...

Criminal forfeiture...isn't gun the reason why Thompson did his jail time just prior to releasing the animals/suicide?

If that didn't happen, you're right, the guns should be there. I would assume they got split out to a different auction or there could be a part 2.

Ricer2231

This guy was about 400 bricks shy of a load! He was into just a little bit of everything and had numerous encounters with the law. I don't know that his better half ever did ride a bike in her life but it wasn't because he didn't give her the opportunity, he was buying and trading bikes for her constantly. He did own a Harley Davidson shop. It was on Putnam Avenue and it was called T's Harley Davidson. It used to set on the corner of Putnam and Maysville Pike.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Criminal forfeiture...isn't gun the reason why Thompson did his jail time just prior to releasing the animals/suicide?

If that didn't happen, you're right, the guns should be there. I would assume they got split out to a different auction or there could be a part 2.

Now that you said it...I remember.

He had some illegal class III guns I believe or was being investigated for it anyway. ATF doesn't play...jack booted thugs.

To far away for a quick trip and to haul home stuff

But I would have liked to have had a chance to bid on the Cat Dozer

As I would like to make another cell at the marsh

And I am to cheap to ( and the club is ) hire it done right now

John