Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Been wanting an AR?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They'll go lower I think. Give them 6 months and they'll be door prizes. The market has been saturated IMO.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
That is pre-panic pricing. I don't see them going much lower if at all. The post panic used AR's are not making it back to the market yet.

Only time will tell.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
It's only a matter of time till the next scare. Hopefully the midterm elections will strengthen our position. We really, really need a pro gun president that will appoint judges likely to be sympathetic to us.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That is pre-panic pricing. I don't see them going much lower if at all. The post panic used AR's are not making it back to the market yet.

Only time will tell.

They're back to pre panic pricing, but we have post panic demand. People were paying 2x what an AR should cost during the panic. I'm talking emptying their savings accounts. Anybody who wanted an ar and even some who didn't likely have one or even two by now. Supply + Demand set prices during the panic. When demand was high and supply low prices were stupid. Now that supply is back and demand is low prices will have to be lower than pre panic if they want to move them. Add in the fact that the market will soon have a ton of used ones along with low demand and increased supply. In 6 months I think you'll see deals where they're $200 lower than pre panic pricing.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Ahhh yes, the great Adam Smith's laws of supply and demand.

Joe is correct. Manufacturing was pumping to try and keep up with demand (increasing supply) but since it isn't a make to order industry, a gap of visibility exists within the supply chain. It is a bull whip effect. Thus, stores will have continued to order and manufactures will continue to produce but then the consumer stops buying and everyone is left sitting on inventory.

If there is no more massive knee jerk purchasing like we saw after Sandy Hook, companies will be looking to clear inventory at fiscal year end so that they aren't sitting with that on their books financially.

Huckleberry Finn

Kinda refreshing to see 9mm Blazer for $15 a box. It was on sale for $10 at December but I bet the price lands around $13.

Vance's prices do seem to beat anyone else's around here...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ahhh yes, the great Adam Smith's laws of supply and demand.

Joe is correct. Manufacturing was pumping to try and keep up with demand (increasing supply) but since it isn't a make to order industry, a gap of visibility exists within the supply chain. It is a bull whip effect. Thus, stores will have continued to order and manufactures will continue to produce but then the consumer stops buying and everyone is left sitting on inventory.

If there is no more massive knee jerk purchasing like we saw after Sandy Hook, companies will be looking to clear inventory at fiscal year end so that they aren't sitting with that on their books financially.

I was in Dunams the other day and they had 17 colts lined up on the shelf. I bet pre panic they didn't sell 17 colts a year at that store. When they first arrived they had 1,100 price tags. Now they're 899 and they still have 17 colts on the wall. Lol.