Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Salt Fork Archery Hunt

rooster85

Lake County
Anybody hunted this before? I will be heading out there as soon as i have the time just to check out the area but any tips are appreciated.

Ricer2231

Take a number. Not to sound like a smart a$$ but that place gets buried in bow hunters. I have friends that have hunted there and all of them hunted there one year and saw enough. And buy good quality locks. Not trying to discourage ya but it is not pretty.

rooster85

Lake County
I suppose thats how it goes when hunting a small piece of public land. I normally shy from public land but i'll give it hell, I'm not expecting a monster, just meat.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
There are nooks and crannies off the beaten path that have decent deer there, just gotta know where too look.... Get a good map with the boundaries and check it out.... Especially down by the dam side.... There are some spots that people don't even know are part of it..... If you're able too get back in and some areas aren't hard too get too you'll have it too yourself....

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
It gets hit pretty hard at the early muzzleloader season which is oct 22-27 this year.

They opened a statewide 2 day Muzzleloader hunt, doe only and it is Oct 12 and 13th. I am pretty sure these dates above are not correct but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

rooster85

Lake County
Im sure most of the public ground gets hammered out here, hopefully not while I'm on it though! Stick to hunting the week days should thin out some of the other hunters as well.