Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Which one could be him?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
In your opinion, are either of these 3 bucks from last year the 9 point from this year?
The first pic is this year's 9 and the last 3 pics are bucks from last year in the same vicinity.

9pt Aug6(3).jpg

020.jpg181.jpg02349.jpg

runhunter

My guess is the 3rd pic. Similar brows, tips of main beams curve up a bit etc. this year, it's same basic rack with a bit more mass

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Could be 3 but I would have expected him to add a bit more than he dis this year if that was the case. They could be brothers. Either way its a nice one.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Could be 3 but I would have expected him to add a bit more than he dis this year if that was the case. They could be brothers. Either way its a nice one.

Just to add on to what Joe said about adding on bone for next year. Some deer just don't have it for whatever reason being it health,nutrition,genes,rain,healthy momma that dropped him or an abundant walnut crop.lmao

Ron and I've seen 6.5 year olds that wouldn't make 125" and 2.5 year olds score 130's. some deer add on 10" in a year and some over 30-40" in a year. It's no guarantee what the heck these deer are going to do come next year.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I would go with #3 also, but like others said you would think there would be some more growth.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The more I look, I think maybe bucks 2 and 3 are the same one with and without velvet. Which means they could be the 9 from this year.
One thing to keep in mind, in regard to body size, the buck in pic 3 is all rutted out versus a summer buck.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The more I look, I think maybe bucks 2 and 3 are the same one with and without velvet. Which means they could be the 9 from this year.
One thing to keep in mind, in regard to body size, the buck in pic 3 is all rutted out versus a summer buck.

Summer pics make it tough to judge for me for sure. I was leaning towards 2, but 3 sure did look close. I dunno. Maybe 2 and 3 are the same.