Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How's this guys form?

teej89

NE PA
Looks pretty good to me... Nothing wrong there

oh wait.... I see it now.

Attachments

• xulHpKr.jpg
    xulHpKr.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
How in the hell did that happen? Something wrong here. And he took a picture?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I think somebody on this site posted that pic awhile back and knew the guy that did it. See if I can find the thread when I get home from work.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Is that string/cable lose? Looks pretty painful.... Someone's nephew had a carbon arrow come apart and through his hand..... Splintered everywhere through out it.... Buts that's been some some years ago if I remember right.....

teej89

NE PA
Is that string/cable lose? Looks pretty painful.... Someone's nephew had a carbon arrow come apart and through his hand..... Splintered everywhere through out it.... Buts that's been some some years ago if I remember right.....

that's exactly what I was thinking. And yeah this person obviously wasn't paying attention. Speaking of not paying attention I was talking to a guy at Cabelas the other day with his son who looked bout 12yrs old and they had his bow. I asked what they were getting done today and he said his son dry fired his bow. Thought there was an arrow on it, drew back and shot. Cracked the limb. I dunno how that could possibly happen either.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I've seen it happen. Doesn't surprise me out of a 12 year old either!

I've seen it twice at 3D shoots. One was a Hoyt and all it did was scare the shooter and everyone in his flight. Another was a guy shooting a PSE. It was his turn to shoot first, loaded an arrow, decided to switch arrows, started talking...fired. Didn't load the new arrow. PSE ended up with folded cams, broken limb and a shredded harness.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yep, same thing here. Walking the course shooting the shit, drew and fired thinking there was an arrow on there. Thankfully it was a low poundage bow and didn't do any damage. But I'm sure it happens every summer on 3D courses all over.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Kid at work bought a brand new Hoyt and his uncle was over and wanted too see it.... This kid hasn't even put an arrow through it yet and his uncle dry fired it.... Cracked a limb and snapped the string..... Friggin idiots on parade.....

I seen it at Wapak Archery, when a guy was shooting for group size in the broadhead pit. He wasn't checking his arrows after each shot...not to mention, you don't shoot for group size with broadheads, as it'll ruin other arrows. Anyway, one of the arrow shafts was scored by a broadhead blade and he didn't catch it before shooting it. When he shot the scored arrow it splintered into his bow hand, hitting between the thumb and index finger web and the carbon splinters exiting between his index and middle fingers...on the palm side.

He came into the back door entrance of the pro shop yelling and screaming...scared the crap out of everyone. I had the store owner call 911, another guy go out by the road to signal/catch the rescue driver and I took him into the bathroom sink. He was bleeding but not bad, so I had him get on his knees in front of the sink and hold his hand under the cold water, until the EMTs arrived. That pretty much stopped the bleeding and numbed it a little too. As it turned out, he didn't lose the use of any of his hand, when they removed it at the hospital. Lucky...real lucky!

Bowhunter57