Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rail lube - yes or no?

Honestjohn

Central Pa
I shoot a Excaliber Exquinox and was wondering if you use rail lubrication, if so which brand, or not? I use the heavier string serving and have been using Scorpion Venom rail lube. I am torn as my serving seems to wear out fairly quickly and I have two buddies who have the same set up as me and never use any rail lube and have no issues. Appreciate your inputs!

teej89

NE PA
I shoot a Excaliber Exquinox and was wondering if you use rail lubrication, if so which brand, or not? I use the heavier string serving and have been using Scorpion Venom rail lube. I am torn as my serving seems to wear out fairly quickly and I have two buddies who have the same set up as me and never use any rail lube and have no issues. Appreciate your inputs!

almost always or else chafing starts ;)

sorry I really had no input just thought it was a funny thread title. What part of Central PA you from? I grew up in blair county, Hollidaysburg to be specific. Hunted 4A and 4D and 2C.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I have a Horton and use Horton rail lube. I have had no serving issues.

Honestjohn

Central Pa
Yea, I was giggling when I wrote it, but it is what it's called, :). I live in York, county and mainly hunt in OH and MD, although I have scored a few small properties locally to hunt in Pa now. Moved out here from Philly/S. jersey... Thanks.

teej89

NE PA
Wow York pa to ohio that's some distance lol I lived in Bethesda md last summer and saw these bachelors hanging out in a doctors parking lot at 3pm downtown Bethesda. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375815054.573018.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375815073.855951.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375815093.305919.jpg

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I use Scorpion Venon myself and have had no problems. I lube the serving good and the rail. Expensive, but a bottle will last you forever.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I use the ten point rail lube (grease) your serving will have about a half life not using a lubricant weather oil or grease.... If you're burning through a serving using lube fairly quickly in my opinion something's out of adjustment...