Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good deal?

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Found this on ol Craigslist today. I like the snow Camo, and it seems like a deal to me. Whatcha think??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375666263.769010.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375666277.536579.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It's a nice bow. Elites are extremely easy to tune and have a great draw cycle. I've not shot the Answer but I imagine that it's a great shooting bow. $600 is not a bad price but I think he could knock 50 bucks off of that. I mean, it's a bare bow, going on 2 years old. Brand new price was probably around 800 or 850. Winner's Choice strings are ok but not good enough to be a major selling point, IMO. If you pay 600 I definitely wouldn't say you're a fool but to me 550 would be more realistic. There's a TON of used bows out there for sale these days.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I got my Elite Hunter 2010 brand new and paid 700 bare bow. The lifetime warranty is the best selling point with their bows. For the Answer I think new was around what Jag said and I would look on AT and see what some of the Answers are going for on there to get you a good ballpark but I would say the 550-600 wouldn't be bad at all. If I remember right the Answer took the place of the Hunter line.

I like my bow and it is a good shooter but I have seen some Hoyts the last couple years I would like to have because they are a little faster and not as loud as mine. I have not seen or shot the Answer so not sure how they stack up aginst mine either. Milo should be able to give you some info and make more since then I can but I also think you could get that bow a little cheaper then he is asking. Seems to me the guys on AT sell them for the 500-550 range with the snow camo limbs.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
No way i would pay that much..i find craigslisters sell their bows there for 2 reasons...neither of them are good for the buyer...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am selling my Elite GT500. Shoot me a PM if interested. Probably not what you are looking for but I will throw it out there. It is not what I would call a "Creme puff" but the price isn't over the top either. Milo tuned it last year and I truthfully probably didn't give it a fair shake. It just wasn't a good fit for me and once bow season got here I let it sit and focused on practicing with my Hoyt. Probably should have given it more of a chance before giving up on it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I agree that $550 is a better price. Also if you are metro like me and Beener, you won't find accessories to match. Just a thought...

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Milo, that's true. Ill have to contact him and tell him 500 is top dollar I'd pay. Hicks ill pm ya
And Jesse, Im about looks and all that. But Not as much as most. I think if I put black sight black stab and black rest on it id be in business.

Says it has 2013 Cerakote cams an new stock strings(winners choice)..I am willing to bet the factory cams has a issue an the bow had to be sent in.Some had a burred cams or similar in 2012 if I remember correctly ..I aint saying to worry,but its just something I noticed in the ad,but550$ or less sounds good to me...The feel of these bows with the smooth modules is comparable to the Z28 or hunters(but faster )...I noticed a very slight hump towards the end of the draw cycle on the ones with Speed modules though( even faster then smooth ones obviously )...

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
The other issue they had is with the Cerakote chipping off of the cams, they get the string issue in 12, and Cerakote in 13 last I herd.. However they are all great shooters with a let-off, back wall and warrenty second to none! I just got a new set of limbs from Elite cause I was in the yard shooting one day and cracked one.. I called them sent them back and the new ones arrived today at no charge other than shipping the limbs to them.. I love me some Elites! With that being said I would offer $500 and go no higher than $550.. As stated earlier head over to AT and check out the prices and go from there.. Good Luck!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Thanks alot guys! After reading reviews and some stuff on AT I'm really wanting one. But my issue now, is that I wanna shoot one, and I don't know of anyone around that carries them.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Go shoot fluties Elite and see if you like the draw cycle. All the Elites I tried all pretty much had the same cycle at least that's the way they felt to me. Should shoot pretty close to my Hunter or even the Z that Flutie has

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Dang son. You work weekends?

Two weekends a month. I'm off today and tomorrow too. I can meet up with you if you want, or you are more than welcome to stop by and shoot.

I'll tell you what, you offer that guy $500. If you don't like that bow, I'll trade you my Z for it! LMAO