Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Waterfowl Lottery drawing

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Haven't seen the DNR post it yet but does anyone have plans on going to a lottery this year for the drawing? If so which one?

It'd be nice to get a guy or two on here to get a blind so we could do some hunts together. I'm going to attend the Deer Creek lottery since I just bought a house 7 mins away. Usually the drawing is the 3rd Sat of Aug. but haven't seen any info this year on it.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll probably be trying to hit up the East Harbor drawing this year. Never been drawn but I hear it can be a good place to hunt.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
East Harbor isn't what it used to be for waterfowl IMO

I used to try for a draw
But with the BS and stuff
I just go for the Pipe Creek hunt chance

John
Pipe Creek is definitely one that I never miss going to. That can be a really good hunt sometimes.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Duck Blind Lotteries at Ohio State Parks Set for Aug. 17

COLUMBUS, OH – More than 280 permits are available to hunters wishing to construct a duck blind on several Ohio State Parks’ lakes this waterfowl hunting season. Lottery drawings will be held at the 16 participating state parks on the morning of Saturday, Aug. 17, along with lotteries for the use of 146 duck blinds available on two state wildlife areas.

Interested applicants must appear in person at a participating state park office with proof of a 2013 Ohio hunting license, state wetlands stamp endorsement in the applicant’s name and a signed 2013 or 2012 federal duck stamp. Applicants under the age of 18 should have a parent or legal guardian present to sign the permit contract and must provide the required license and stamps.
Participating state parks include Portage Lakes and West Branch in northeast Ohio; East Harbor, Indian Lake and Lake Loramie in northwest Ohio; Adams Lake, Buck Creek, Caesar Creek, Cowan Lake, East Fork, Hueston Woods and Rocky Fork in southwest Ohio; and Alum Creek, A.W. Marion, Deer Creek and Delaware in central Ohio.

Each hunter can apply for only one duck blind permit, and no one can apply or draw for another person. There is a $50 non-refundable permit fee for the state park lottery winners. All locations accept cash, checks or credit cards for payment, except for Portage Lakes where payment is by cash (exact change) or check only. Lottery winners have 45 days to construct their blinds, and all blinds must be dismantled by March 15, 2014.

Hunters wishing to participate in the lotteries at Delaware or Indian Lake state parks are advised that the nearby Delaware marina and the Indian Lake park office and commissary no longer sell hunting licenses and duck stamps. Hunters should purchase their license and stamp from another vendor prior to the lotteries.

Waterfowl hunting opportunities are also available through lottery drawings for blinds at the Mercer Wildlife Area on Grand Lake St. Marys and the Mosquito Creek Wildlife Area adjacent to Mosquito Lake State Park. The drawings will be held at the respective wildlife area offices on Saturday, Aug. 17. There is no fee for use of the blinds at these areas. Lottery participants must also have a current Harvest Information Program (HIP) certification.

Information on waterfowl hunting seasons, locations and restrictions will be discussed by park staff and wildlife officers during the lotteries. For general information about hunting seasons and regulations, call 800-WILDLIFE or visit wildohio.com.

ODNR ensures a balance between wise use and protection of our natural resources for the benefit of all. Visit the ODNR website at ohiodnr.gov.

Derek j

Knox Co.
Here is the list for blind drawings for the whole season at different lakes. I will be heading to Alum Creek that day for a blind pull hopefully!!

2013 Duck Blind Lottery Location Information

A lottery drawing for duck blinds will be held on Saturday, Aug. 17.

Alum Creek State Park (Delaware County) will offer 25 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 8:30 a.m. with the drawing at 9 a.m. at 3615 South Old State Road, Delaware, 43015. Call 740-548-4631 for more information.

A.W. Marion State Park (Pickaway County) will offer three blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 8:30 a.m. with the drawing at 9 a.m. at the Deer Creek Park office, 20635 State Park Road 20, Mt. Sterling, 43143. Call 740-869-3124 for more information.

Buck Creek State Park (Clark County) will offer 19 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 8:30 a.m. with the drawing at 9 a.m. at 1901 Buck Creek Lane, Springfield, 45502. Call 937-322-5284 for more information.

Buckeye Lake State Park (Fairfield/Licking/Perry counties) will offer 16 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 7:30 a.m. with the drawing immediately following at 2905 Liebs Island Road, Millersport, 43046. Call 740-467-2690 for more information.

Caesar Creek State Park (Warren/Clinton counties) will offer 21 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 7:30 a.m. with the drawing at 8 a.m. Meet at the main beach house at 8570 E. State Route 73, Waynesville, 45068. Call 513-897-3055 for more information.

Cowan Lake State Park (Clinton County) will offer 10 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 7:30 a.m. with the drawing at 8 a.m. at 1750 Osborn Road, Wilmington, 45177. Call 513-897-3055 for more information.

Deer Creek State Park (Pickaway/Fayette counties) will offer 14 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 8:30 a.m. with the drawing at 9 a.m. at 20635 State Park Road #20, Mt. Sterling, 43143. Call 740-869-3124 for more information.

Delaware State Park (Delaware County) will offer 25 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 8:30 a.m. with the drawing at 9 a.m. at 5202 U.S. 23 North, Delaware, 43015 (meet at the marina). Call 740-548-4631 for more information.

East Fork State Park (Clermont County) will offer 24 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 7:30 a.m. with the drawing at 8 a.m. at 3294 Elklick Road, Bethel, 45106. Call 513-734-4323 for more information.

East Harbor State Park (Ottawa County) will offer five blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 7:30 a.m. with the drawing at 8 a.m. at 1169 North Buck Road, Lakeside-Marblehead, 43440. Call 419-734-4424 for more information.

Hueston Woods State Park (Preble/Butler counties) will offer 12 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 7:30 a.m. with the drawing at 8 a.m. at 6301 Park Office Road, College Corner, 45003. Call 513-523-6347 for more information.

Indian Lake State Park (Logan County) will offer 35 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 8 a.m. with the drawing at 8:30 a.m. at 12774 State Route 235 North, Lakeview, 43331. Call 937-843-2717 for more information.

Lake Loramie State Park (Shelby/Auglaize counties) will offer 19 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 7:30 a.m. with the drawing at 8 a.m. at 4401 Ft. Loramie Swanders Road, Minster, 45865. Call 937-295-2011 for more information.

Mercer Wildlife Area (Mercer/Auglaize counties) will offer 71 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 7:30 a.m. with the drawing at 8 a.m. at Wildlife Area Headquarters, 5116 State Route 703, Celina, 45822. Call 937-372-9261 for more information.

Mosquito Creek Wildlife Area (Trumbull County) will offer 75 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 8 a.m. with the drawing at 9 a.m. at Wildlife Area Headquarters, 8303 North Park Ave., Bloomfield, 44450. Call 440-685-4776 for more information.

Portage Lakes State Park (Summit County) will offer 29 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 8 a.m. with the drawing immediately following. Meet at the Pine Tree Shelter at Wingfoot Lake State Park, 993 Goodyear Park Blvd., Suffield, 44260. Call 330-628-4720 for more information.

Rocky Fork State Park (Highland County) will offer 16 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 8:30 a.m. with the drawing at 9 a.m. People should meet at the campground amphitheater at 9800 North Shore Dr., Hillsboro, 45133. Call 937-393-4284 for more information.

West Branch State Park (Portage County) will offer 16 blinds. Applications are accepted beginning at 8 a.m. with the drawing immediately following. Meet at the campground office at 5708 Esworthy Road, Route 5, Ravenna, 44266. Call 330-296-3239 for more information

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good luck Derek!! If you get a copy of the blind location map get a hold of me & I can try to help out. Just like anyplace in Central Ohio, Alum can be decent hunting but it can also be frustrating too. Especially early on & during fishing tournaments. Dang bass fisherman (no offense J :smiley_bril:)

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Derek be sure your blind is light and easy to carry...cause you will be carrying quite a bit:smiley_blackeye:

Derek j

Knox Co.
No doubt on carrying in and out. I will probably use my boat to get to the blind, and then hide it 50 yards away from the blind location. . My plan was to build a Decent size blind and then hide it with some old Avery grass that came off my old duck blind. Either that or bring a quick pop up blind and grass it in each time.