Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need to brag on a young man.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Found out tonight that a young man I help teach to shoot earned his Distiguished Marksman badge this week at Camp Perry. He started shooting on our rifle team when he was 13 or 14 and is probably 26 now. This is quite an accomplishment, he had to place 1st or 2nd at least one highpower match and place in the top 10% in several others. I can't express how proud I am of him and how happy I am that I play a small part in starting him down the road.

For more info on the program.

http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/DistBrochure_w.pdf

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Its nice to be a part of something like that Sam. You have good reason to be proud. :smiley_bril:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
A couple of times over the years I've sold some raffle tickets for the club to some of you guys. So in away some of my fellow toozers played a part in this also.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Great TOO hear stuff like this! This ought to give you a warm fuzzy feeling, Sam. Congrats to Matt for his accomplishment and hats off to you Sam for your role, in this young mans life.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good for Matt! Good for you as well Sam! You are doing great things helping these youth to learn such skills.