Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Some New and old bucks.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The wide 10 is back and looking wider. He didn't do much else this year as a 5 year old. I want this bastard.

Got a new buck this year. Looks young. Hell of a frame and I'm digging that split. He's got the frame to go the distance.

Here is a new guy also. I think I'm going to call him leaner. Another youngin that can go the distance.

Still haven't got a pic of The tall 10. But JD has seen him on the property. Matter of time.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The first one looks very young and could be just 2.5 years old. Baby Face would be a name that fits him perfectly. Kinda reminds me of Tank as well.
Leaner looks very nice as well. Thanks for sharing Joe.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just gotta mention though. I'm on my iPhone and can't see the pic of the wide ten just a tiny white box and ..... Mr T, and Joe saying, "I want this bastard!"rotflmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Here are some history pics of the wide 10. They don't always get bigger.. :smiley_crocodile:

2011 3yo

2012 4 yo

2013 5 yo

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Joe, do you have any hard horn pics of the wide ten or do you pull your cams by then? It's amazing how some bucks level off and some seem to have no limit...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Joe, do you have any hard horn pics of the wide ten or do you pull your cams by then? It's amazing how some bucks level off and some seem to have no limit...

Every year about two weeks prior to season that dude skedaddles. I've never gotten a pic of him after he peels. I have no clue where he goes. Never seen him from the stand. I drive around the property for miles road scouting looking at fields during season. Never seen him anywhere. Last year I had him nailed down solid. Everyday he was in the same field walking out of a finger. He stayed there most of the summer doing the same thing. Two weeks before season, poof gone.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Wow, you have a lot of potential wall candidates. Another couple years on some of those, will be solid shooters. Asfar as the wide 10, he needs shot. I would agree that he is as big as he's gonna. Definite wall candy! Lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Great looking deer, pinpoint bedding and KILL that bastard!

Was out there today at 11:30 and the split brow and wide deer were laying smack in the middle of the beans. That's what they do. Lay in the middle of a bean field snacking all day. Once the beans turn they'll be in the corn.

Got a new pic of the buck calling "leaner" he's really grown in the past week.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375567619.004234.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Leaner's got some mass! I love mass....

You got some nice deer to chase Joe! Hope you lay the smack down on one.