Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Spypoint IR C camera

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I ran across a Spypoint IR C camera in a auction.
Do any of you guys use that model? I see it's not listed on the Spypoint site anymore.
Value for it in the box?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Might be one of SpyPoints first cams. I know they had a B model a few years (4-5)ago that was ok from reading some reviews. If I remember right the B model was a 5mp cam but I could be wrong since it's been a couple years ago.

New in box I would say maybe $50-$75

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've sold them for about 4 years now. Never have I seen a "C" model. Usually it's the MP of the camera. Like IR-6. IR-10. Etc. BTW. If you want to hold off a couple weeks I'm about to start another group buy today and I think you'll be impressed with the pricing.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I bought a few of them one year and gave them to some employees as Christmas gifts. They had all talked of getting them but never seemed to buy them for themselves. Figured the idea of a gift is to get something for someone they might not buy for themselves. One of them got stolen. Other guy said he liked his. He didn't seem to run it often though. He wasn't real computer savvy so downloading pics at the time wasn't easy for him. Can't remember what happened to other one.

I studied all sorts of cameras at that time. It was "most bang for the buck" in my opinion at that specific time.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking 50-60 also. But the bidding went crazy the last couple hours and is at 70.00. Then there's 3% buyers premium, too high of shipping and 6.5% Ohio sales tax. I'm out of it.

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sold for 80.00. I figured about 105.00 after add ons. Too much as you wouldn't know how long those rechargeable batteries last.