Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tree Lounge for Dad?

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I'm wanting to get my dad back into hunting this year, and I've stumbled upon a Tree Lounge for sale for a great price..the thing is though, I know he would hate using it as a climber every time out. I'm wondering if I could buy this for him and he could use it as a hang on, and just put up some climbing sticks. He's all about comfortablitly...and bow hunts mainly. You guys think this would be okay??

Ricer2231

I had a friend of mine do exactly that. The only problem was with the way the seat dips it would get a lot of trash in it and it was a little tricky getting in and out of it until he got used to it. They are definitely comfy though.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have one for years. I'm not sure I can use it now. It's difficult to use as a climber when you have to switch seating directions once you get climber to height.
I feel it would be more difficult to get into off a ladder or what ever used t get to the lounge..

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Jake, from what I've seen of the TL it would be difficult to climb into cuz it sticks out to far. You might get away with putting a latter stand next to it so's he can step off its platform and you can hunt beside him. Hunting together would be a great thing anyway plus you can film each other. Just a suggestion and my .02.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Id roll with a ladder stand. Hard to beat.

Having both I agree. I would recommend a 2 person wide ladder stand. Plenty of room for 2 people to hunt out of or when one person hunting nice large area to lay your hunting equipment.
As a matter of fact I buy old plastic form fitting chairs and remove the legs and bolt one seat to a 2 person ladder stand. That way I have a comfortable 12 hr. seat.

I really don't think getting in and out of a lounger off a ladder or climbing sticks would be difficult. I feel it would be down right dangerous. I have one and wouldn't even try it.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'll add to the votes for a ladder stand. Easy to get in/out of and generally, pretty comfortable. The idea of using sticks to get in and out of a TL sounds like a clusterfuck waiting to happen...

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Yeah I think you guys are right. I really looked into it, and ik he doesn't want a climber. And like you said, the chances of making it easy to get into that stand with steps is nearly impossible. Ill keep a lookin.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I can highly recommend the Bad Boy 2 person Stadium stand. It's the sorta curved wrap around stand. I really like the double bar ladder so it doesn't bend when used.
Phil should have them.
I got 2 of them ready to install.