Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Only ......

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Took Timber out twice this week for some work. Man it's been so hot, but he's login' the water right now. U

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I spent most of last night prepping permission packets to mail out. I have 4 new places in mind and hope to nail down at least 2 of them. My focus turns from bowhunting to waterfowling a little more each day. All I need now is a boat!!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
5 goose limit for the early season this year. Who else is planning on stacking them up?!?!? Hahahahaha I can't wait!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Saw this dude at the state park the other day. Was in a flock of about 50 or so.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374270544.109876.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Every chance I get I look over geese for bling. First one I've ever found, and I've probably looked at thousands. The whole flock was about 50 birds. The hippies in the park were not impressed that I was following him intently trying to get close for a picture.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Every chance I get I look over geese for bling. First one I've ever found, and I've probably looked at thousands. The whole flock was about 50 birds. The hippies in the park were not impressed that I was following him intently trying to get close for a picture.

lmao "Cut your hair, fuggin hippy!"

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Did we have 5 last year, or 4? I don't remember, but I'm ready to go.

Don't pull a Jeff Foiles. Shooting banded birds in the park with a pellet gun.

You mean someone else thought of that first! Crap! Lol.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Did we have 5 last year, or 4? I don't remember, but I'm ready to go.

If my memory is correct (rarely), we were at a 4 bird limit last year for the early season.

Side note, we have a limit of 6 teal this year as well... with the season running from Sept 7th through the 22nd. That means we have a full week to dedicate to doves and geese before teal come in!!!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Amen to that! A sunrise over a frosty tree stand perch is special. But that pink cast that comes with a cold January sunrise over the water is also special. And my worst day of waterfowling is better than 99% of my bow hunts.

Amen! Time with good friends, dogs, goofing off, not being scent free or sitting still, and just flat out having a good time tromps my alone time in the woods bar none!