Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

CCW Holster Help

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm looking for a holster that will allow me to carry in a very specific way and I cannot seem to locate what I am looking for. Basically what I want is an IWB Left Hand Crossdraw holster. Due to a little extra weight, my love handles make carrying IWB uncomfortable. Carrying OWB makes the gun TOO noticeable IMO. I have a very pronounced curve to my lower back that makes hiding my Taurus 709 Slim very easy. Most of the SOB holster have the grip facing upwards and I am not comfortable grabbing my weapon like that due to a bad shoulder.

From what I can tell, a left handed crossdraw holster would let the gun ride like I want it too and having it be a IWB holster would allow me to conceal it perfectly. I understand carrying close to the spine is not recommended, but I can live with that chance. Also drawing a weapon from that position makes it easier to shoot yourself, but again I can live with that. I want to carry for comfort, not for the off chance I end up in a fast draw shootout.

Any help locating something to satisfy how I want to carry would be great.

Jamie

Ohio
you may want to look at a Comp-Tac Minotaur. I've carried mine with my PM9 in it from the SOB to appendix, and it is reasonably comfortable all the way around, except in the appendix position, which it is not made for. you can specify right or left hand when you order, I think. they are adjustable for cant and depth as well as tension on the weapon. solidly built, and a very well made. only holster I use besides my Comp-Tac is a Mic, which is awesome for appendix carry.

Huckleberry Finn

I'd email Jimmy at Kholster.

They have a lifetime warantee and a 90 day trial...I have no doubts that you will be pleased with his customer service. he made a holster for my off-gun and I bet he'd be able to help get you something that makes you happy.

Trying several would help too, they gave me funny looks when I started doing that in stores...