Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Monster 8 returns in 2010

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Just pulled the camera yesterday and look who showed up.... It's the monster 160 plus 8 pointer that I found the sheds from last year...... I have personally seen this deer 3 different times this year, but 2 miles away. This picture is from where I killed my 10 pointer this year.

Here is the picture......

Here is him from last year.......he scored 162

The only thing that is different is that he has a crab claw on the end of his right main beam. His brow tines are almost identical from year to year.

Here are his sheds from last year...

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That is a brute of an 8pt. Looks like he lost that kicker on his right g-2 as well this year. Hope he makes it this year so you get a crack at him next season.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
That is a brute of an 8pt. Looks like he lost that kicker on his right g-2 as well this year. Hope he makes it this year so you get a crack at him next season.

I'm taking my 8 year old son on his first deer hunt ever this weekend. This buck has been known to frequent this particular area where we're going.....but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, but how awesome would that be!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm taking my 8 year old son on his first deer hunt ever this weekend. This buck has been known to frequent this particular area where we're going.....but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, but how awesome would that be!

That is a buck of a lifetime for anybody but for an 8yr. old it would be the world and a memory he will have the rest of his life. Couldn't get any better then that if you ask me. I wish him the best of luck knocking down that monster.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck to you and your son! Enjoy the time with him. Took mine out last weekend to a ground blind. 6 yrs old and not ready yet. He was like trying to hold onto a bag of squirrels. Hopefully your son is a little more mellow in the woods!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck to you and your son! Enjoy the time with him. Took mine out last weekend to a ground blind. 6 yrs old and not ready yet. He was like trying to hold onto a bag of squirrels. Hopefully your son is a little more mellow in the woods!

LMAO! Hicks, great analogy...

I make sure that my boys have their DS game charged and ready to go. Without them they'd be similar to the bag of squirrels and I'd be insane.

Once again Gern, best of luck!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Good luck with the son this weekend Chad! He can make a lot of grown ass men jealous with that deer!!! :smiley_carnaval:

I don't think I could let him shoot it anyhow, I could only imagine the rumors that would be going around.........

Screw the rumors, if that buck gets within 40 yards of us he is toast! Seriously, I have little doubt that this buck will make an appearance, but another buck might and he would just be happy to get a shot at a doe.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Screw the rumors. Rumors are started by jealous or nosey people. If your boy gets a crack at him, I hope he nails that buck! You and your son will know the truth, and we will only tease you about shooting until until you cry. I promise. Once you start crying, we will back off. . . a little.:smile:

Seriously though, I hope Gern Jr. gets a crack at him. That would be great and there is only One to answer to in the end.