Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Almost time

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Anyone else starting to get as hyped as I am???

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373936766.640923.jpg

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I've yet to even get my bow out this year.... Normally I would be tired of shooting but with a active 3 yr old, work, vacation, dog training, and getting ready to move houses it wont be until Aug before I start shooting daily.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Is that an app? Or a tool on any phone that can be set?

(I got a countdown calendar on my desk at work - paper - you youngin's and yer apps....I gotta learn how to do that)

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I try not to get myself all worked up any more. Sure I'm excited about what is to come, but I used to work myself in to a tizzy and it never did me any good. In fact, it did more harm than good. Other than hunting opening morning, I do not plan to hunt much until the last weekend of October. So I still have plenty of time to get ready!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I try not to get myself all worked up any more. Sure I'm excited about what is to come, but I used to work myself in to a tizzy and it never did me any good. In fact, it did more harm than good. Other than hunting opening morning, I do not plan to hunt much until the last weekend of October. So I still have plenty of time to get ready!

I'm right there with ya, I've never had much luck early season and my big bucks don't start moving til late Oct thru January. Hunting where I do it takes til Nov/Dec to get people to push deer into where I hunt by over hunting their properties usually.

I agree as well. Rarely do I make it down to Ohio to hunt much in October other than a quick weekend or two if I can afford it. November is my time to hit it hard and be 100% ready by then. Up in Michigan I may head out a couple of times in October (or late Sept. with their early doe season if they still have it) but I don't take it very seriously and usually will be scrambling to find everything the night before I head up to the farm there.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I burnt myself out in October for a few seasons and burnt my hunting properties out in the process. My October hunts now consist of me sitting in the blind behind my parents with a couple of beers just enjoying nature. I don't go into kill mode until things start to cool down and the leaves start falling.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
ill be in kentucky for the early part of the year gonna try and hunt down there off and on thru september and beginng of october, then ill concentrate on everything up here. im just hoping for a little cooler weather for the kentucky opener, i know its gonna be hot, but last year was crazy hot i roasted while sitting in the stand.

teej89

NE PA
Is that an app? Or a tool on any phone that can be set?

(I got a countdown calendar on my desk at work - paper - you youngin's and yer apps....I gotta learn how to do that)

it's an app, just searched countdown timer in the app store and downloaded the first free one I saw.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I've started shooting and have ordered some seed for my fall plots, so I'm getting excited. It will really hit me when I starting planting.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I shot my bow a little last month after I got it back into spec, but I haven't had time to touch it since then. I'm hoping I can shoot a little this weekend before the shoot, but it's so damn hot out there.

I'm definitely getting pumped, but I'm playing it smart this year. I'm not gonna have all the extra seat time I have the past few years, so when I do hunt, I'm gonna have to make it count. I'm hoping the beans stay green into the first week of October and give me a chance to get on an early season buck, otherwise, I'll be hunting field edges and easy access places until the first of November.