Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Traveling Vietnam Wall

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Rode the Harleys at the crack of daylight with a buddy this morning. Went to Johnstown Sportsmans Club to see the Traveling Wall. The Energy that comes off of this thing is amazing in person! Found a Roshon on the wall today.....Gives you Goosebumps! I had the priveledge of working with Maya Linn (Original designer of the wall) awhile back, so that made it that much more special. If you ever get to see this......GO! Seeing Vererans rubbing a name on the wall and crying like a baby will surely make you stop and think about life as we know it.
THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE OR WILL SERVE THIS GREAT COUNTRY OF OURS!

DSCN0408A.jpgDSCN0411A.jpgDSCN0415A.jpgDSCN0422A.jpgDSCN0424A.jpgDSCN0426A.jpg

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
saw that in Marion a few years ago, it is certainly a powerful monument.

I went to the actual wall in D.C. the year after it was dedicated. Like a big black gash in the park. Very somber.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Always a moving experience.... Puts a lot of things in perspective standing next too it.... Thanks for sharing Rick....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
The trailer was air-brushed by a Prisoner in Mansfield. He's been locked-up since he was 16. They allowed him 3-4 hrs a day to work on it. Took him 18 months, but you should see the detail in that thing....Pure Awesome!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The pics say an awful lot Rick! You kneeling beside it speaks volumes. Thanks for posting.

Most of all, thanks to ALL who have served!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
My father in law did a poker run for the wall a couple years ago. It was a very good time one of the best runs I've been on. I was in Georgia over the weekend for my cousins graduation for ranger school. I spent some time with some great hero's from Vietnam and one from world war 2 . The coolest part of it was when the called the guy from ww2 and told what he had done everyone gave him a standing ovation it made his day.