Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Light up nocks

Strizzi

Anyone use them? Love/hate them?

I love the idea of them and really wanna give them a try. I have been looking at nockturnal from what I've read and watched they seem very reliable.

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Dave

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Id like more on this too. The ones I used sucked last year. Kept flying out of my arrows!

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I have tried lumenok and nocturnals...i tried nocturnals before and the light wasn't very bright (maybe its justthe white light though), and the battery ended up falling off inside my arrow on 2 of the 3 nocks i had....i went back to lumenoks before last season and was glad i did...light is much brighter and haven't had one fall apart inside my arrow, EVER! They might be a little heavier than a lumenok though....i missed a doe at 30yds last year, right over her back, right around 1/2 hour before sunrise back in the woods...lumenok is the only reason i knew instantly that i missed and where to find my arrow

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Well, Dave. I have used luminock's for about 5 years now. They seem to stay in well and the light is very bright. A pack of three is usually around 30.00. They are very good at telling you where your point of impact is and the battery life is pretty good. Good luck in your decision making.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I have been using nocturnal for a couple years. My problem with them is the small hole on the side of the nock that you need to put something into to turn the light off. its basically like a switch inside that you need something small to put in and flip the switch off. Should you get a pass through on a deer, the hole gets blood in it and makes the light hard to see. it isn't very bright to begin with, but this doesn't help.

I just read a good review about the new carbon express launch pads. They are universal to fit any arrow. You insert them, give a quarter turn and the base expands inside the arrow to give them a snug fit to any diameter shaft. they turn on when the string is released and puts pressure on the back of the nock, and to turn them off, all you need to do is gently pull on them. They only weigh 18 grams, and battery life is supposed to be from 30 to 70 hours depending on what color they are. Carbon express is also pointing out the design of the nock itself and how it makes contact with the string at the same 5 points consistently with all the nocks. This should lend to better accuracy because you wont have that one nock in your quiver that has a little piece of plastic from the mold that grabs the string differently than the next one.

i just so happened to be in my local bow shop today and they just so happened to have them. I bought a three pack for around $25. haven't tried them yet, but from playing around with them at the store I can say that they are easy to turn on and off, they are bright and they seem to be well designed. i do like the universal fit, i could take the nocks out of my easton arrows, and put them in my daughters gold tips.

I'll let ya know what i think of them after I get a chance to actually shoot them.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
and the battery ended up falling off inside my arrow on 2 of the 3 nocks i had.

didnt have that problem with the nockturnals, but I did with the trcers. I really disliked those, the battery came off, and they were heavy.

loose_is_fast

McClure
I make my own and have no problem, all you need is nocks, a lil sand paper, thill bobber light ,and 2 part apoxy and very small drill bit if you want it really bright

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I make my own and have no problem, all you need is nocks, a lil sand paper, thill bobber light ,and 2 part apoxy and very small drill bit if you want it really bright

I do the same. They work incredibly well... just as good, if not better than the real Lumenocks, IMO. The thill bobber lights are VERY affordable. You can make several homemade lighted nocks for the price of one Lumenock.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
thanks for the link jim. im going make some now that they are legal in Washington.

Good deal, Tom. I think you'll be pleased with the end product. And plus it's another good archery-related time consumer. It's like fletching arrows... Sure you can pay someone else to do it, but it's more fun and satisfying to do it yourself.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Bought a pack of Nocturnals the other day. After reading online reviews it seemed like there were pro's & con's to everything out there. I wish I woulda remembered about the DIY nocks. Have to try that if these done work out.

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
I have shot the Easton Tracer X nock for years now and never have had a problem. The only con I have run into is that if you hit your arrows into something with to much force it can active the light. It doesn't happen often but there was one time my arrows were in my bow case and it fell off the back of my truck. One of the lights were blinking when I looked. Turned it off with the magnet and it was good to go. I have shot multiple deer with them and always have seen where the shot placement was (or very close TOO). Nothing like not knowing where you hit the deer due to a low light shot. I have gotten a couple of my friends to use them and they still to this day thank me for it. Here is a link to the ones I buy. Just remember they weight a little bit more so your arrow will fly differently. A pro with the easton is that they give you practice nocks to use as well so your shot stays the same. Good luck with whatever ones you go with and youll be glad you bought them!

http://www.eastonarchery.com/products/accessory/1081

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
yep, guess I should have looked a little closer before i bought them. The launchpad nocks fit arrows with a minimum Inside diameter of .244 inches. The H nocks needed in my easton epics are .233

00buck

i shoot nockturnals and like them bright enough to see i shoot the green ones the hole on the side is a pain to shut off i use my old timer knife i tried the lumenoks and had the problem with them not staying in the shaft i will try making some on my own since i seen the video where do ou buy your regular nocks at