Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's your gameplan for this weekend?

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Who's huntin this weekend? What's your plan? Have you checked the weather? What tactics are you using?

I'm gonna be in my woods groundblind with my compound on Sat morning. If I don't have any movement by 11 I'll spend some time stillhunting in the middle of the day, then back on stand till dark. If no success Saturday I'll spend Sunday morning in my ladderstand with the xbow. Sunday afternoon I'll be sighting in/shooting my new muzzy, gettin 'er ready for gun season.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm off Starting tomorrow, Friday-Friday. The goal over the first three days is to finally get my wife a shot at a deer. She has been struggling to figure out when she can move with deer around, and when to draw, so I've got some corn down 20y from the stand we will be hunting in hopes of giving her a better opportunity to kill something. Monday-Friday, I will be hunting hard for myself. I will be hunting mobile those five days, so I will be up early and hard at it all week. I sure hope I can connect this week, because I have struggled so far. It seems like I see all the young bucks and no does when I'm hunting by myself, and then when I'm hunting with the wife, all we see are does. Hopefully we can both connect.

Good luck to all headed out this weekend!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I will be out early hoping some shooting will push the bucks off the tops of the ridges down to the thick bottoms. I am going half day today and then all weekend. i have been holding out on shooting does, but not anymore, if its brown its down from here on out. I havent drawn blood yet. So its on now.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I will be out early hoping some shooting will push the bucks off the tops of the ridges down to the thick bottoms. I am going half day today and then all weekend. i have been holding out on shooting does, but not anymore, if its brown its down from here on out. I havent drawn blood yet. So its on now.

Kill dem bitches!
I'm feeling psyched about this weekend. Bloodthirsty even.

Diablo54

Outside
I'll be scouting out a biggun for dad he's getting restless and bloodthirsty and hopefully killing a doe:smiley_coffee:

Last edited:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I will have both of my sons out this weekend. Kody, my 10 year old, is the one that has been xbow hunting most of the season. He'll be using either our muzzy with a scope or our 1100 with a scope (he likes both guns) and sitting with me. Klay, my 9 year old, will be making his virgin appearance with the xbow this weekend and sitting with my dad. I'm hoping one of them gets a crack at a nice buck. If not, I hope they at least have fun. Kody is addicted. He wants to go everyday. The jury is out on Klay.

Good luck to everyone. Hopefully one of them big boys (or gals) runs your way from the increased traffic in the woods. Plus, I saw a nice buck in our backfield yesterday right on a doe, so maybe a doe will bring a big boy your way.

I know I'm excited.:smiley_bird:

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
:smiley_badmood:

:(

:mad:

Here is my plan..............................FREAKING WORKING!!!!

Oh and it apprears I wont be home for Thanksgiving for the second year in a row!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Call it adrenaline or BLOODTHIRSTY but you can count on my ass being firmly planted this weekend and as much as I can all next week as well.

As far as this weekend goes my main plan will be hunting escape routes since I'm not sure if there will be any youths hunting the woods or not. Have to love private property that becomes public during gun season and not knowing what Tom, Dick, and Harry will show up or when.

A certain doe got a free pass from me but not anymore. That boat has sailed and she will die if she makes the wrong move from here on out.

One of those whitetailed fuggers is going down this weekend !!! :smiley_bond:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'll be taking Tracie out tonight, tomorrow night, Saturday AM and PM, then again Sunday PM. Tonight, we are heading to my parents house and moving out of the platform blind and hanging a set just off the food plot. I've had pictures of two does coming from the west around 5:30 for the last week. With a W-SW wind, we should have the upper hand, giving her a 15 yard broadside shot. If we don't have success tonight, we'll return to the same set-up tomorrow.

Saturday will be spent at the farm hunting from our blind set-up using a decoy as distraction. We are going out Saturday night, so Sunday morning will be a wash. We'll be back after it Sunday PM when I plan hang a new set over looking a shelf that is seeing a ton of activity right now. Should be a good weekend!

rrr

Call it adrenaline or BLOODTHIRSTY but you can count on my ass being firmly planted this weekend and as much as I can all next week as well.

As far as this weekend goes my main plan will be hunting escape routes since I'm not sure if there will be any youths hunting the woods or not. Have to love private property that becomes public during gun season and not knowing what Tom, Dick, and Harry will show up or when.

A certain doe got a free pass from me but not anymore. That boat has sailed and she will die if she makes the wrong move from here on out.

One of those whitetailed fuggers is going down this weekend !!!

Ahhh! That is what I want to hear! I will be getting home about 6pm tomorrow so anytime after that you'd better fuggin call me and this young back will be tracking and dragging that deer out for you! Hell I will gut it for you too!
:smiley_crazy::smiley_crazy::smiley_crazy::smiley_crazy::smiley_crazy::smiley_crazy::smiley_crazy:

I GOT THE URGE! I AM JACKED!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Ahhh! That is what I want to hear! I will be getting home about 6pm tomorrow so anytime after that you'd better fuggin call me and this young back will be tracking and dragging that deer out for you! Hell I will gut it for you too!
:smiley_crazy::smiley_crazy::smiley_crazy::smiley_crazy::smiley_crazy::smiley_crazy::smiley_crazy:

I GOT THE URGE! I AM JACKED!

Don't worry Cap't. If I shoot one everybody in my phone will be called lol. After all it will be breaking news if I can actually connect lol. It will be a fight between you and Dante to who will get the drag job. Heck if I shoot one big enough you both might get the chance lol. I wouldn't count on that happening but you never know miracles happen everyday lol.

Now study your ass off and ace the last test tomorrow and get ur ass home so we can go shoot some bunnies.

Last edited: