Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DOW survey

Schu72

Streetsboro
I filled mine out yesterday. Very general questions on leasing. Would you ever do it if you lost access to free private land....how much would you pay....do you think it should be legal. Then there were other questions about how long you have lived and hunted in ohio, do you hunt out of state, and what make for a satisfying season. Should the DNR explore leasing private lands....

They also asked about land management practices. Do you palnt plots, do you harvest does, what do you consider a trophy buck.

Last edited:

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I filled mine out yesterday. Very general questions on leasing. Would you ever do it if you lost access to free private land....how much would you pay....do you think it should be legal. Then there were other questions about how long you have lived and hunted in ohio, do you hunt out of state, and what make for a satisfying season. Should the DNR explore leasing private lands....

They also asked about land management practices. Do you palnt plots, do you harvest does, what do you consider a trophy buck.

Yep...that is all...I wonder if they will call me next too?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I think leasing land is killing the blue collar hunter. There is a farm that borders our land that is leased every year by some idiots that apparently don't know where the property lines are. I found a tree stand on our land after we bought it that was from them. They better hope I don't catch them this year!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think leasing land is killing the blue collar hunter. There is a farm that borders our land that is leased every year by some idiots that apparently don't know where the property lines are. I found a tree stand on our land after we bought it that was from them. They better hope I don't catch them this year!

It's also creating an impact on our state's deer management plan. Just how much?... Hard to say. But I think that's what they're trying to ascertain by sending out these surveys. Hopefully more people fill them out and send them in.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's also creating an impact on our state's deer management plan. Just how much?... Hard to say. But I think that's what they're trying to ascertain by sending out these surveys. Hopefully more people fill them out and send them in.

Lease it all IMO if it stops the wanton slaughter rate of our does. You know. The dnr does say its up to "us" to manage our local populations effectively if the dnrs ambitious goals seem to be causing an over harvest.