Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Athens Experiment Is Over!!!

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
Sorry man but i wont say im surprised...

I know and I wish I asked you some questions before we ordered them. We got 4 bows and had at least one thing wrong with every bow and it takes FOREVER to get them. We decided that we were to worried that if I mean when something happens to them during the season you will be SOL! The best part is how they are handling the situation, even though they have sent us 4 crappy bows that took 8 plus weeks to get and cant answer anything in a timely manner they will not refund any money. I shouldn't be stuck because a company is incompetent.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I know and I wish I asked you some questions before we ordered them. We got 4 bows and had at least one thing wrong with every bow and it takes FOREVER to get them. We decided that we were to worried that if I mean when something happens to them during the season you will be SOL! The best part is how they are handling the situation, even though they have sent us 4 crappy bows that took 8 plus weeks to get and cant answer anything in a timely manner they will not refund any money. I shouldn't be stuck because a company is incompetent.

Im really sorry...i feel for you. Its easier to get an AR than a bow anymore...a lot of companies are going this route and its going to bite them. Im glad you found this out before season with time to spare. What are you going to do now?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Wayne can attest to this as well. I've never heard anything good about Athens bows except from people getting free stuff from them.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
The best part is I have been trying not TOO bad mouth them and give them every opportunity to fix the problem. But I can only take so much **** before I have had enough. Then when I told him if you are keeping my money and I am stuck with this garbage I will let people know about their crappy product and they say I am not being professional...ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

That sucks. Cant say I'm overly surprised. They have not had a great track record with the few people I've known that have owned them. G5 Prime, Bowtech and Hoyt are the top performers this year in my book. Look at the Hoyt Spyder, Bowtech Experience and G5 Prime Impact. Hope you and better luck.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry to hear this bud. This sucks for sure. Another story of an unsatisfied Athens customer, ya hear more and more stories like this everyday. :(

It can only last so long before they go the way of the Edsel though. I am not sure I have ever heard anyone speak highly of them. Makes you wonder how they are still in business.

Hope you have better luck with your next bow choice Tom! Sorry you have to deal with this.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Personally I would never buy a bowtech after seeing how they dealt with their limb issues a few years back. There were bows blowing up everyday on ArcheryTalk. For months and months the company refused to admit anything was wrong. They did "fix" the bows in a timely manner. But they fixed them with the same badly designed part. It wasn't until they redesigned the limb with a coilet on the ends that they actually did a recall and let it be known publicly that "hey, your bow stands a good chance of blowing up in your face". For MONTHS they let this go on without so much as a statement. IMO it wasn't until the pressure and negative publicity on AT reached a boiling point that they did anything.

teej89

NE PA
Sorry about that man... Sucks to hear about an investment that isn't up to par with what you thought it'd be...

oh and Go bowtech ;) I've shot hundreds of arrows with mine no chipping issues and limbs are still intact. I shot em all hoyt mathews pse elite bowtech and I was between the insanity and element and I couldn't justify the $500 price difference.

However i think if money isn't an issue at all I'd go with the element because i felt the design of the bow is more sturdy when it comes to hunting and getting banged around, especially if you're going out west and stalking. However my money tree isn't flourishing currently haha but

That's my $.02.